LV planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, they eventually arrived. Wow! I’m stood ankle deep in shavings of oak, cedar, pine and mahogany and I’m just blown away by how well they work. It’s been a dream for so long to have a top notch set of tools and too use them is pure joy! The planes, AI chisels and saws sure make a handsome set, all being Bubinga handled (no, I’m not a co**e*t*r, honest!). Young Galoot (8) has had his first master class already and has been having a go with the block plane with the ball tail and knob set, and the dovetail saw. Funnily, he’s found my Stanley 220 easier to use than the LV, so that’s what he’ll practice with for now.

I have only one niggle with the block plane – Rob, I’d like to see a slot in the adjuster knob. It’s a real pain adjusting the depth of cut with the ball tail fitted, but one could manage OK with a slot for a screwdriver, or even a coin dare I say it? :shock:

Ike :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hmmm, no sign of the large shoulder plane I ordered from BriMarc at the begnining of October :( :cry:

We are still awaiting our first delivery. Due to the enourmous demand Veritas cannot keep up however we have some due to arrive in time for the Axminster show and any back orders will be fulfilled from that stock, prior to the show.

Apologies for the delay.

Martin

Ike

feels good eh?

Which saws did you get? I must have missed the post

ike":1sf98g4q said:
(snip)

I have only one niggle with the block plane – Rob, I’d like to see a slot in the adjuster knob. It’s a real pain adjusting the depth of cut with the ball tail fitted, but one could manage OK with a slot for a screwdriver, or even a coin dare I say it? :shock:

Ike :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Ike -

Thanks for the kind comments!

I'll pass along your suggestion on the block plane - seems like a good solution to me...

Cheers -

Rob

Which saws did you get? I must have missed the post

all being Bubinga handled

OK, so it was too subtle. It'll have to be a megagloat then...

i.e. one of these and a pair of these. 8)

and so I've definitely put this on my Christmas list, which hopefully (snailmail willing) will be snuggled up to this irresistible offer. :) :)

cheers

Ike

Rob wrote:

I'll pass along your suggestion on the block plane - seems like a good solution to me...

The prototype will need evaluating of course...cough,cough :wink: :)

regards

Ike

Back