LV LA jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ydb1md":3rmyauvb said:
Glen Drake makes some nice plane hammers that have a tip just the right size for chip breaker screws.
Strangely familiar... 1927 IIRC :wink:

FWIW, the smallest one from this set fits the small side set screws on the Veritas planes. The width needed slight reduction in flare to fit into the deep holes in the BUS, but otherwise it's proved to be the biz. One day I may even get round to making a posh handle for it - in Bubinga, natch. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Rob Lee":1pksgr7h said:
bugbear":1pksgr7h said:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?id=SCR

BugBear (using cheaper screw drivers)
I think we can manage a bit better than USD20... :roll:
Cheers -
Rob

Hmmm . . .

There's a need in the market for proper socket chisels that sell for less than USD50 :wink:

ydb1md":39y1u1ai said:
Rob Lee":39y1u1ai said:
bugbear":39y1u1ai said:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?id=SCR

BugBear (using cheaper screw drivers)
I think we can manage a bit better than USD20... :roll:
Cheers -
Rob

Hmmm . . .

There's a need in the market for proper socket chisels that sell for less than USD50 :wink:

How bout' chairmakers spindle cutters??? You could probably make dowels with 'em too....

Gosh - wouldn't it be neat if you could get those for about $16.50??? Or even under 10GBP??? If it were me...I'd want, say, 5 sizes..... 3/8 to 5/8 would be a good range.....
:wink: :wink:

Ta -

Rob

Rob Lee":33grpl5r said:
How bout' chairmakers spindle cutters??? You could probably make dowels with 'em too....

Gosh - wouldn't it be neat if you could get those for about $16.50??? Or even under 10GBP??? If it were me...I'd want, say, 5 sizes..... 3/8 to 5/8 would be a good range.....

Hmmm . . . . :-k not sure how to take all of that. It's either a tease or a bit of sarcasm. (wondering off to ponder)

Can't wait for that September catalog to come out.

ydb1md":tafgdck9 said:
Rob Lee":tafgdck9 said:

Hmmm . . . . :-k not sure how to take all of that. It's either a tease or a bit of sarcasm. (wondering off to ponder)

Can't wait for that September catalog to come out.

I believe they're page 3... :lol: :lol:

Rob Lee":2tdemydc said:
ydb1md":2tdemydc said:

I don't know how to tell you this Rob, but "chisels" and "chairmakers' spindle cutters" (whatever they may be - hollow augers or stail engines?) are not the same thing. It was probably the mention of sockets that threw you. #-o

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Dave, how much is he paying you to be straight man? :lol:

Oh, probably just Rob's shameless hijaaking of the thread to promote that stuff they make and sell...

Mike
One who has trouble with the tools he already has

I'd say Rob is just teasing us with inklings of upcoming items....AND HE'D BETER STOP, TOO!! Becasue this Lee Valley junkie's getting ANXIOUS!

Ed :D

Alf":ozevx6da said:
P.S. Dave, how much is he paying you to be straight man? :lol:

Well, he sends me catalogs once a year and the occasional mailer . . . .

Back