LV Bevel Up Jointer Plane/Veritas Jointer Fence - Reviewed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
The following Link will take you to WKFineTools.com site and the above reviews.

http://www.wkfinetools.com/contributors/2dCohen/LVBevelUpJointer/index.asp

In the Jointer review, the LV BU Jointer was compared with a Type 11 Stanley #7, while in the Jointer Fence review, a comparison was made with the Stanley #386.

Owing to a lack of self control – but mainly the inclusion of many pictures – the article is extra long and so has been divided into two pages. It takes about a minute to load on my dial-up connection.

As always, please offer your comments since one of the aims is to generate discussion about tools and techniques.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek,
Many thanks for another cracking review!
Must admit, when it comes to edge jointing I'm a disciple of the "Charlesworth" method. Maybe it's time I looked at trying a fence?
Cheers
Philly :D

Maybe it's time I looked at trying a fence?

Hi Philly

Actually, almost all the time I joint freehand, with just finger control. A fence is only used if I need to square up a board.

Maybe it's time I looked at trying DC's method?
:D

Regards from Perth

Derek

Nice one, Derek. I could argue the toss over a few techniques if you fancy? :lol: But as far as the items under review are concerned, a good read. :D Like the idea of using the jointer upside down with the fence; it might have dawned on me eventually I suppose, but I doubt it. #-o

Cheers, Alf

Back