Lurem T30n spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petesworkshop

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently bought an old Lurem T30n spindle moulder but cannot find a manual or any written instructions for it online, does anyone have any information about them please?
Many thanks

Hi Pete and Paul,
Watching with interest as I've been on an unsuccessful quest to see how the pully and motor shaft were originally assembled.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/lurem-spindle-moulder.106747/
From what I can gather the one motor was transferred between different Lurem machines as required ? Any input greatly appreciated.
I love mine, just wish I could get it working properly again...
Cheers Andy

I'm not around home for a few weeks, but when I get back I'll take some photos and post them.
I'm currently in the UK and want to buy a cutter for the spindle moulder, I bethe shaft diameter is 30mm can anyone confirm this please?

I'm not around home for a few weeks, but when I get back I'll take some photos and post them.
I'm currently in the UK and want to buy a cutter for the spindle moulder, I bethe shaft diameter is 30mm can anyone confirm this please?
Thanks Pete, that would be great, I just hope it's the same setup as mine.

Yes, confirmed that the shaft is 30mm.
It wasn't buried enough to stop me measuring :LOL:;)

Cheers Andy
IMG_20211020_193552.jpg
IMG_20211020_193348.jpg

Hi Andy,

I'm back home now and got access to my spindle moulder, if you still need help and need photo's etc let me know.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Andy,

I'm back home now and got access to my spindle moulder, if you still need help and need photo's etc let me know.

Cheers

Pete
Many thanks Paul for coming back to me, much appreciated.

If you follow this link you'll see an array of pictures of mine.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/lurem-spindle-moulder.106747/
I suppose the "key" thing I am looking for an answer to is, if you're motor and shaft lift out independently of the pulley, what arrangement is there to stop the key dropping out of the keyway?
I really hope yours is exactly the same setup.
Cheers Andy

Thanks Pete, that would be great, I just hope it's the same setup as mine.

Yes, confirmed that the shaft is 30mm.
It wasn't buried enough to stop me measuring :LOL:;)

Cheers Andy
View attachment 120081View attachment 120082
Hi Andy,
I've attached some photos of my spindle moulder which I think is different to yours as it has nylon gears gears that drive the shaft.
If I've misunderstood your question let me know and I'll take some more photos.
Do you have a copy of the manual for this machine please?
Kind regards
Pete

Attachments

• 20211117_131638.jpg
    20211117_131638.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211117_131627.jpg
    20211117_131627.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211117_131604.jpg
    20211117_131604.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Andy,
I've attached some photos of my spindle moulder which I think is different to yours as it has nylon gears gears that drive the shaft.
If I've misunderstood your question let me know and I'll take some more photos.
Do you have a copy of the manual for this machine please?
Kind regards
Pete
Greatly appreciate your time in coming back to me on this Pete.
Same design but different method.
Be interesting to see if the manufacturing date is later on yours as it looks like mine (1981) was a failed attempt to mesh the 2 parts together.

I'm sorry I don't have the manual and it looks like all previous links have disappeared into the ether.....

My quest continues.

Thank you
Andy

Back