Lurem c210B

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mack22

Established Member
Reaction score
Any idea how to lubricate the bearings as the grease access points are just ball bearing holes that are usually used for oil can lubrication in the UK, my normal grease gun is no good, even pressing up hard, the grease comes out the sides of the nozzle and there is no indication if any grease has gone in, any ideas on how the French do it!

I've just used them as oil holes - push the nozzle of an oil can on to the ball at a slight angle and squirt. At least some of the oil seems to go in. Then clean up the surrounding mess..................
(mine's the earlier C200, but I guess it's much the same and is still going strong after some 40 years)

Thanks for the reply re oiling, I looked on the link that gives a PDF form of the original instruction book and it says use grease, most of it is in French, English is used for some of the drawings, which is where it said use grease.
I have had another go with the grease gun this time with a bit of rubber tubing on the end, this works on most if you can get the end sitting square, but not the two recessed ones for the planner rollers.
I got the unit from a friend as it had a burnt out motor, I will have to find someone to rewind it, so meanwhile I have taken the whole unit apart for a clean and oil, the planner drive unit is a complicated set of cogs and chains, I am amazed that it can cope with all the saw dust and still work!

Thank you for that information Travis, I found a set on Amazon for £19.99 with free postage so have ordered a set..
Many thanks for the idea..
Ps: its not many times something is cheaper in the UK than the US, better come over here for your Christmas shopping!

Hi All,

First time on here. I recently bought one of these machines, but without a manual. Seen bits on line, but no diagrams showing the lubrication points. Feel rather silly for no being able to see them.

Does anyone have a complete manual they can sell a copy of or share please?
Is that info in it?
Can anyone explain or show photos of the positions please?

Thanks

I had the same problem, and having bought it from a friend all in parts without a manual, FIRSTLY HAVE YOU GOOGLED your machine to see what is available, that's where I acquired some drawings, as for grease points you will need a grease gun with a selection of attachments, a pointed one is a must, as some grease points are not easy to get at, use good quality grease, not oil as some have done, never use oil on a ball race, only bronze bearings are normally oiled, I had to replace the electric motor and switch gear, and had to have a pulley made for the new motor spindle, all works very well, I have not bothered about the spindle molder, as I am never likely to use it.
Good luck, but most of all take care when you get it going, with a big blade things can fly!
Ian

PS I just Googled the Lurem, there are lots of info with pictures and drawings available, that's if you can read French, however you can translate any of the emails relating to questions raised by users in France....

They are not a nipple as such, its a small sprung ball in the middle of a flat press fit ring, as I mention above, I used an adapter on my grease gun that has a pointed end, and can be pushed into the greasing point opening, one word of warning, (its not easy to judge) but don't over grease, as you will have bits of grease flying everywhere when the machine is in use!
I used Castrol LM grease, its used for wheel bearings so should be ideal...

Latest posts

Back