Luna W59 Combination Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emabear

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just inherited an ol Luna W59 which looks a fantastic piece of kit in need of a lot of TLC and Evapo-rust to bring it back to it former glory. Interested to hook up with other owners for advice as I strip it and put it back together again.

I have just inherited an ol Luna W59 which looks a fantastic piece of kit in need of a lot of TLC and Evapo-rust to bring it back to it former glory. Interested to hook up with other owners for advice as I strip it and put it back together again.
I had one nearly forty years ago did me well and got me started in business.

Question - as I strip back the machines, I have started on the table saw before the complication of the planer/jointer. Can you run the table saw independently of the planer jointer. It has an electrical connection across the two machines but not sure if that connection needs to be in place in order to start the table saw?

On mine you could yes, in fact in the end I put a new contactor on my planer and ran them as separate machines.
Only used the morticer once though complete waste of time so took it off.

Thanks. Very interesting thought by having then separate as I also won’t be using the mortised. I have no power going through so it looks like I need an electrician!!

Mine will not run unless the huge plug between the two halves is connected, I dont have the mortice table but the mortice chuck just fits to the end of the planer block. I think switching the selector to 'mortice' just reverses the rotation of the planer block.

Back