Luna master W59

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky47

Reaction score
Hi I have a Luna master W59 which has a few problems I am looking for a single phase electrical drawing, I have a manual but this only has the 3 phase drawings can anybody help?

Don't know if it will be any help, but it seems this machine was produced in Sweden by AB Lini-maskiner.
It was known as W59 when sold by them directly as well.

I assume you've tried Google and had no luck. If that's the case, you might be as well to say what the problems actually are, there are some people here who know quite a lot about electical stuff in a woodworking context, they might be able to advise.

I used to own one of those, quite straight forward electrically speaking. Whats the problem?

The main problem I have is when you start up the planner it blows the fuse every time but both the other motors start ok also I have looked into how it is wired and the DC injection braking is wired via the start switch I am no expert but should it not be via the emergency stop button?

Hmmm yours must be alot newer than the one I used to have (no DC breaking) but mine did the same planer allways blew the 13A fuse in the plug so I broke every rule and wired it up with a piece of 15A fuse wire no problems after that.
I would now recomend wireing it through a proper 15A plug and socket. If remeber right it had 2HP motors all round and with the extra load of the feed rollers/gearbox & mass of cutter block it was all to much on start up, fine when running tho.

I have already tried to overrate the fuse to see if it was just the start up current but unfortunately not, the motor did not get up to full speed and continued to draw way over the full load current

Are the bearings and gear box ok does it all turn freely? other wise as you suspect looks like something electricaly wrong.

I've fitted new bearings in the motor and the gear is free so the only conclusion I can come to is its been wired wrong hense why I am after a wiring diagram but thanks for your help

Hello.

I'm new here and I know that this is resurrecting an old thread, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have quite recently acquired a Luna W59 which is in need of a lot of TLC and I found this forum by Googling the 'net. I notice that there are a few Luna users here and I wondered if anyone would be willing to share their experiences of the W59 or for that matter other Luna/EJCA machinery. Is there, perhaps, a user group lurking in the UK, somewhere? There is one in Sweden, but as I don't speak Swedish I think that's out.

I know that EJCA still manufacture most of the parts for the older Lunas but has anyone had experience of buying from them?

Ive got a Luna W59.....I love it. Mine I have separated the planner from the table saw and rigged the electrics up through beefy electrical connectors and a garage breaker unit. But I get great results from mine...wouldn't swap it for anything modern under £5000.
Strip it, clean it and check that the drive belts are up to scratch....and you should be laughing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked out the bearings before I bought it and they were all good. TBH it's not had too much use although it was in a leaky shed so there's a bit of surface rust to get rid of on the tables - fortunately not deep. It was well greased

Have you any thoughts about the rip fence? I have the earlier version with the 16mm round bar and a chunk of aluminium channel section. It'd missing the wooden sliding piece although the clamp is still there. I think I'd prefer a modern high-low profile plate, but I've only found references to them being used on rectangular rip fence bars. Is that right?

Also, other than EJCA do you know of anyone who can supply a suitable crank handle? My current one is a bit manky

I'm considering separating it into 2 machines like you have, fitting a decent sized right hand extension table and a good size run-off which should make it more suitable for joinery work

Hi I have a Luna master W59 which has a few problems I am looking for a single phase electrical drawing, I have a manual but this only has the 3 phase drawings can anybody help?

hi there
I know this is an old post but did you manage to get a single phase wiring diagram .I'm in need of one myself for my w57 and I'm guessing that the w59 isn't very different?
Regards

Back