Luna master w57 buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajsol3000

Reaction score
Hello and happy new year folks, this is the first time I've posted on the forum.
I have just built my own workshop and need to get some tools, rather than getting a load of different machines I figured a combo machine might be the way to go. I've got a lead on a Luna master w57 machine, I've been searching the net and cant find much info, before I take the plunge and buy the machine i was wondering if anyone here had experience with one of these, what I really want to know Is if the tooling on the machine is universal or if it is specific to the machine meaning can I just buy normal cutting blocks for the spindle molder and can I get a replacement cutting head for the thicknesser planer? Otherwise, would anyone recommend an alternative machine, or does anyone have an alternative for sale?
Thanks
Raj.

Hello Raj.
Just come across your post .Did you buy the W57? Its a Swedish machine built in the eary 80's. were quite expensive when new(and heavy!) I have one and it weighs in at 500kg. I have had it for 20 years. I have instructions on pdf if you need them. If you did buy it I would greatly appreciate a small favour:
Im in the throws of getting the planer working - I never used it and have just finished my lockdown workshop. Ive just rebuilt the thicknesser feed gearbox that is on the side of the machine (inbetween the table saw and thicknesser) and the small drive belt is missing from it . I cant work out if it is a vee belt or an 'o' section belt . If you could let me know id really appreciate it . Perhaps some rough measurements in situ ??
Regards Simon

Back