LumberJack Rigid table saw clone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like a rebranded version of the American Rigid table saw.

ts1800-02.jpg

I've been waiting for something like this to come along. Was tempted by the Axminster Craft, but it's a little on the small side.

Not sure about LumberJack as a brand though. They seem to be known for the cheaper end of the hobby market.

https://www.lumberjacktools.co.uk/produ ... zontalTab1

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

For nigh on 800 quid I'd probably look at known good brand table saws.

But then someone has to be the first to try it out

Oh I certainly won't be the first. Would definately wait for reviews first before considering buying it.
ScaredyCat":1641bjhf said:
For nigh on 800 quid I'd probably look at known good brand table saws.

But then someone has to be the first to try it out

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Yeah the same saw popped up in a a thread in the tool section.

The Rigid comes with a lifetime warranty, lumberjack don't seem to want to do the same.

DBT85":3v10r381 said:
Yeah the same saw popped up in a a thread in the tool section.

woops

DBT85":3v10r381 said:
The Rigid comes with a lifetime warranty, lumberjack don't seem to want to do the same.

Thats interesting.

But the Rigid doesn't come with a laser for accurate cutting*.

A laser, which like most mitre saws is a gimic, and is probably not at all accurate or useful, and will stop working after 3 months. It's probably also quite dangerous. I can imagine people focusing on the laser and not the blade and running a finger through.

There is a adjustable laser on my mitre saw (Bosch GCM12) and although it is hard to see when working outdoors in sunlight, indoors it is excellent and very useful. It projects two lines either side of the kerf and if I want to cut exactly up against a marked line, then the laser makes that very easy and accurate.

Not sure how they operate on a table saw, but they may be useful. If I were to buy a table saw again, I would want one fitted with a sawstop safety device.

AJB Temple":1f552tsc said:
There is a adjustable laser on my mitre saw (Bosch GCM12) and although it is hard to see when working outdoors in sunlight, indoors it is excellent and very useful. It projects two lines either side of the kerf and if I want to cut exactly up against a marked line, then the laser makes that very easy and accurate.

Not sure how they operate on a table saw, but they may be useful. If I were to buy a table saw again, I would want one fitted with a sawstop safety device.
Sawstop is only available in the UK on a small festool tablesaw, not anything larger.

Back