Lumberjack / Excel router table advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thanks for reminding me.
I’ve not used it extensively yet, though I have a fair bit of work planned with it in the next week. From my exploratory use, I’m really happy with it. I didn’t expect too much but am pleasantly surprised.
The sides are hard plastic, it comes with rubber foot pads to stop it moving around a little and the top surface is sturdy.
The fence is a little flimsy but as long as you don’t expect too much then you can make sure to not ‘lean’ on it too much and it doesn’t affect quality.

The feature that enticed me the most was its built in motor and lift. The motors power is ample though I’ve not run too much hardwood through it yet. The lift is great and makes it very accessible.

Overall, I’m pleased with it, especially for the price and expect it to last a fair few years and be a valuable part of my shop.
The only downside I can see is that when fully wound down, it doesn’t quite conceal the router bit attached. Since I have a built in table saw next to the built in router table, the bit may get in the way of table sun runoff. Easy enough to remove the bit to avoid this when necessary though. An extra 30 seconds is not the end of the world!
(note that this only happens with me larger bits and when they’re not pushed all the way down into the collet)

I hope this helps someone in their decision. In conclusion I would recommend this machine, great value for the money.
😊
Yes thanks for reminding me.
I’ve not used it extensively yet, though I have a fair bit of work planned with it in the next week. From my exploratory use, I’m really happy with it. I didn’t expect too much but am pleasantly surprised.
The sides are hard plastic, it comes with rubber foot pads to stop it moving around a little and the top surface is sturdy.
The fence is a little flimsy but as long as you don’t expect too much then you can make sure to not ‘lean’ on it too much and it doesn’t affect quality.

The feature that enticed me the most was its built in motor and lift. The motors power is ample though I’ve not run too much hardwood through it yet. The lift is great and makes it very accessible.

Overall, I’m pleased with it, especially for the price and expect it to last a fair few years and be a valuable part of my shop.
The only downside I can see is that when fully wound down, it doesn’t quite conceal the router bit attached. Since I have a built in table saw next to the built in router table, the bit may get in the way of table sun runoff. Easy enough to remove the bit to avoid this when necessary though. An extra 30 seconds is not the end of the world!
(note that this only happens with me larger bits and when they’re not pushed all the way down into the collet)

I hope this helps someone in their decision. In conclusion I would recommend this machine, great value for the money.
😊
What is the largest appetite for the router bit please

Back