Lucky me got a set of Stanley chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddler

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've read my other posts you will see that I'm new to woodworking. My company issued me with (among other things) a fleece for the cold weather, so I've been wearing it out in the garage while I make sawdust. One of the guys at work asked me what the h+ll I'd done to get my fleece in such a state, so I told him that I'd started doing a bit of wood work.

The next day the same guy gave me a brand new set of four Stanley chisels in a plastic box with an oil stone and oil. He reckoned I'd better have them because he would probably lose a finger using stuff like that! :D

Sounds like the new one they still produce, i've found that they do hold an edge very well and they are my everyday users, a delight to use too. So yeah, nice one!

any free tool is a bonus, particularly while you are starting out. I got a set of them myself; but, the stone was very curved - all experts on sharpening will say that this must be avoided. I flattened it on some sandpaper, probably a 100 grit and it worked fine.

DT

Back