LPG heaters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicfirth

Reaction score
While clearing out my fathers house (he's moving) I acquired a propane heater, one with a cylinder and ceramic plates that are headed by burners flames. I was wondering if they are considered safe to use in a work shop, providing you are sensible with positioning etc.

Regards
Nic

Other than the obvious risk of fire, the main problem is one of ventilation. Apart from gassing yourself, the amount moisture produced from LPG, when it burns, is considerable. Use it with care and save up for a wood burning stove - Its free to run :wink:

Woody

Greetings,

From what I understand, gas heaters of any sort are bad news in most workshops because one of the by-products is water -> rust :-(

Hi,

Well the general consensus is that its a bad idea, so I'll stick to the electric fan heater and some warm clothes.

Regards
Nic

I don't know much about heaters. All I know is if i'm going to have a project anytime soon i'll need to get one. It's freezing in there now all the halogen lights have gone.

Strip lights make the place alot better, with less shadows etc...
But they don't give out ANY heat really.

I was looking at this - I don't know maybe I will need 2 :?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro ... 3&id=18099

Back