Low speed grinder.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodandstuff

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to source a low speed grinder to refurbishing A job lot of plane iron and turning Tools I bought cheap.

Refurbishing by hands is taking far to long and it would have been more cost effective to work overtime and buy new tools the time it had taken .

The inner Womble in me can’t bare to do this . And know by the time I buy the gear it will probably work out more expensive , but Will have some good tools for future projects .

Does any one know where I can source a low speed grinder in the uk.

The only one I have found is by Axminster .

The American Rikon machines pop up when I do a search for these grinders but have not been able to find a uk supplier .

Thanks Great uncle Bulgaria

I don't know how slow you want to go but Makita do a few 4-5" variable speed ones e.g. the DGA513 and DGA517. These are both cordless brushless affairs with speeds from 3000 to 8500rpm. They may do cheaper corded versions but don't know off hand.

Thanks for the responses. I have a tormek which I use for wet grinding . Which is good for putting an edge on but painful for establish the edge .

I think seally do a variable speed machine but I believe the wheel is only 25 mm . But would like a wider wheel .

I am favouring the Axminster model but might go for a standard 8 inch machine and invest in some more expensive wheels .

Latest posts

Back