Lost power šŸ˜

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , my first post here ,
I live in a 8th floor flat and use a single car size garage as my tool shed/ workshop , I mostly make speaker cabinets, guitar cabs and pa etc .. purely just as a hobby,,, anyhow I have lost my 240v power supply to my garage and I am unable to use my mains powered tools , particularly my lidi track saw , which was my mostly used tool for cutting down ply & mdf full size sheets .

My budget is not great and I donā€™t have the funds for the likes of a festool cordless track saw etc
But I do have a parkside cordless circular saw and lots of 4amp batteries,,
So I am thinking of some way to get a plate made to fit on the parkside saw that will run on the tracks . I all ready have 2x700 , a1400 and a 2800 tracks , but I canā€™t find a adapter plate to buy or someone that can make me one ???

any advice would be great ,,, thanks

How about parking your car outside the garage and using an inverter to power the lidl saw off the car battery for the times that you need it?
(I'm sure you thought of that already)

You can make your own track very easily. Fix a length of straightedged wood to a length of MDF and run the saw along the straightedge to cut the MDF. You now have a tracksaw! Clamps will be needed to hold it in place, and depth of cut may be compromised due to the thickness of MDF but it should do the trick. Some years ago, I made a double-sided one to use with two different circular saws - a bit clunky but was very handy.
Duncan

Trend tools offer some very good guide tracks and an adapter plate for a circular saw that runs on the track (you just have to adapt the plate to suit your saw). You can get tracks with built in clamps of varying lengths or they make a 2.4m one which is two pieces of 2.2 track with a jointplate. I've had mine for years and they are great and very versatile for many applications. Get yourself one their catologues to see the range. They are not a bad price if you consider they will last you many years.

Trend tools offer some very good guide tracks and an adapter plate for a circular saw that runs on the track (you just have to adapt the plate to suit your saw). You can get tracks with built in clamps of varying lengths or they make a 2.4m one which is two pieces of 2.2 track with a jointplate. I've had mine for years and they are great and very versatile for many applications. Get yourself one their catologues to see the range. They are not a bad price if you consider they will last you many years.

I already have the tracks ,, but I am definitely going to look into the trend adapter plate as that would be the less expensive option than buying a cordless track saw

Back