Lost my Mojo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been literally months since i have been into the workshop to do anything worthwhile, i just could not get motivated.
In fact its probably a year since i posted anything on the forum.

Last week my son asked if i could make an electric guitar for him, and after a bit of research i found a few kits and was considering them but stumbled onto websites devoted into cigar box guitars. I thought that one of these would be an easier stepping stone to a bigger project.

After a solid weekend in the shop this is what i have.... sorry about the messy bench

I had a big chunk of beech hanging around and a walnut board so the wood was essentially paid for, I would have prefered a maple for the neck but I wanted to use what I had. The box and another were free from a local cigar shop. I have spent about £20 on bits so far and hope to get the machine heads tomorrow. This one will be a 4 strings and i'll make a three string from the other.

I have no idea if it will work when we plug it in, but the process has got the woodworking juices flowing again, looks like i found my Mojo :)

Tom

After a solid weekend in the shop this is what i have.... sorry about the messy bench
don`t apologise
all the best
rob

Back