Lost for words...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBen

Established Member
Reaction score
Just come in from the workshop to find the mrs watching 'Benefit Street'.

After 2 minutes I had to leave as my blood was starting to boil.

I knew there was a reason I don't watch TV.

On the plus side, it forced me to carry on with my homemade bandsaw.

Will soon be finished and posted on here.

BTW, this post is not intended to invoke a discussion about Religion, Politics or Sharpening, it's just me talking out loud.

I imagine this is 'reality' TV as opposed to reality TV. More like Big brother than actual life.

JustBen":2jh44p1w said:

Bear in mind that the street and participants were chosen because they are extreme, and not because they are representative of ... anything.

BugBear

bugbear":1qvlag5g said:
JustBen":1qvlag5g said:

Bear in mind that the street and participants were chosen because they are extreme, and not because they are representative of ... anything.

BugBear

Oh I know.... Well hope. But it's still annoys me as I'm sure it does others.

Presumably they air these shows to anger/shock people but then are too afraid to change rules for fear of upsetting people and breaching human rights.

Having said that, I did admire(of sorts) one shoplifter who fitted a bag with foil to stop the alarms going off. Quite ingenious. If only he could channel that thinking into something more productive.

The foil lined bag has been used for years.

Pete

bugbear":w51stf23 said:
JustBen":w51stf23 said:
Racers":w51stf23 said:
The foil lined bag has been used for years.

Pete

Has it? I don't know, I'm not a shoplifter.

And I'm not a burgler, but I know about jemmies and skeleton keys.

BugBear

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, just stating that I don't know.
I had to google 'jemmies'.

mind_the_goat":mf64lnx9 said:
It doesn't work, I wear a tin foil hat and I get stopped going IN to shops.

Probably "nutter " alert :lol:

Who sponsors the program, probably a lot of new tellies purchased the next day :roll:

in the first 10 minutes before i turned over most had ciggy's , booze , I phones and large flat screens so someones doing ok

sawdust1":2zjw4smm said:
in the first 10 minutes before i turned over most had ciggy's , booze , I phones and large flat screens so someones doing ok

But it's US paying for it, not them :evil: :evil: :evil:

They live better than most people who actually WORK for a living! This country is completely cabbage up! :evil: :evil: :evil:

bugbear":12dwwr6d said:
BugBear
If only that were true the country (no, the WORLD) would be a far better place.

But unfortunately it is not and we live in a world where everyone (except we educated and responsible citizens) believe that they are ENTITLED to everything they see that others have and why should they not have it too? This belief is strenghthened by the media (in all its forms) and the result is what we have.......

I'm afraid this a subject on which I have lost my sense of humour and have instead turned into a total Grumpy Old Git! :evil:

I'd be far more interested in a program revealing the scummy behaviour of the 1%, with favourable tax "deals", false advertising, sweated labour etc, stealing (literally, little finger in side of mouth) ... billions, than in a few scallys stealing fags.

But of course, the 1% stealing billions can afford good lawyers and PR, so they normally smell of roses.

BugBear

myturn":3d0lzrha said:
bugbear":3d0lzrha said:
BugBear
If only that were true the country (no, the WORLD) would be a far better place.

But unfortunately it is not and we live in a world where everyone (except we educated and responsible citizens) believe that they are ENTITLED to everything they see that others have and why should they not have it too? This belief is strenghthened by the media (in all its forms) and the result is what we have.......

I'm afraid this a subject on which I have lost my sense of humour and have instead turned into a total Grumpy Old Git! :evil:

'Everyone'? SGA warning. SGA warning.

*SGA Sweeping Generalisation Alert

bugbear":2gc1eqsq said:
I'd be far more interested in a program revealing the scummy behaviour of the 1%, with favourable tax "deals", false advertising, sweated labour etc, stealing (literally, little finger in side of mouth) ... billions, than in a few scallys stealing fags.

But of course, the 1% stealing billions can afford good lawyers and PR, so they normally smell of roses.

BugBear

+1 but do you still buy from Amazon? Confess to admitting that I still do although I try and avoid using them if I can. Eg classical CDs are bought elsewhere.

Back