Loss of earnings insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
We have just booked out first holiday for three years (the joys of setting up a business!) and since its skiing I thought I'd better get some insurance to cover loss of earnings if I should break something etc.

Does anybody have any recommendations please?

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Watch the small print! I just took out earnings protection insurance (Both me and LOML are self employed, and with junior on the way in 8 weeks... well you get the picture!), but for the most part they will only cover for designated illnesses, and only after a period of time, I am pretty sure that very few "earnings protection" schemes cover you if you break a leg, especially if you do it while partaking in "extreme sports" I know a friend of mine found that the medical insurance she had did not cover her when she mashed her leg in a pargliding accident :shock:

Enjoy the skiing, I never liked you anyway :lol:

If you have a decent accountant, that would be where I'd start

HTH
Les

Tim

I also think that you'll need to 'prove' income over a period of time ie if you do need to claim, they will need proof that the amount you are claiming is typical for you.

Roger

Thats what I thought Roger - but I've also got a bunch of deposits for future work so I'm going to see if they will accept that as proof.

T

Latest posts

Back