Losing adjustment on my Excalibur 21

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdt

Established Member
Reaction score
On the bottom blade clamp the left hand grub screw regularly gets loose so I have to wind it in to get any purchase on the blade. Anyone any recommendations please? Is it quite common? Perhaps Loctite or similar. Also I have noticed that the blade is now slightly to one side of the table hole i.e slightly out of line dexpite the blade being vertical to the table Anyone help me with the adjustment please. Thanks

As it is the grub screw on the side that you don't really touch at all just loctite it in place once you have your allignment sorted out. Unles you are left handed and want to have the little T handle on the left. It is probably coming loose as you have excess vibrations on the swing arms. You can loosen and then rotate the motor at the back to adjust how much vibration you are having. and it should also help with alignment.

hth

+1 for Droogs's point.

Your Manual has a very nice diagram showing how that grub screw on the LH side should be adjusted - the "point" of the grubscrew should be turned in until it is just flush with inside of the blade slot in the main body. That way, when you insert the blade and tighten the holder up the blade is neither curved "inwards" towards the grubscrew nor "outwards" around the grubscrew.

As said, the Manual has a diagram showing this very clearly. If you've lost your Manual send me a PM and I'll send you a scanned .pdf of that page.

+1 for Droogs's point.

Your Manual has a very nice diagram showing how that grub screw on the LH side should be adjusted - the "point" of the grubscrew should be turned in until it is just flush with inside of the blade slot in the main body. That way, when you insert the blade and tighten the holder up the blade is neither curved "inwards" towards the grubscrew nor "outwards" around the grubscrew.

As said, the Manual has a diagram showing this very clearly. If you've lost your Manual send me a PM and I'll send you a scanned .pdf of that page.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I have the Manual thanks and have set up as advised but after a couple of hours of work the grubscrew backs of from the blade and it loses tension So as AES says Loctite might be the way to go.

The Loctite suggestion came from Droogs actually, not from me (I haven't had trouble with the grubscrew slackening off myself), but I think Loctite (or any other thread locking compound) is a very good idea.

Back