Looks like I am going W10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
A local man as given me a quote for a new computer and parts to be used and install W10 together with stuff I want from my old HDrive.

Nvidia 1060 PCI-e Graphics card

Asus PRIME H370-PLUS Motherboard

ASUS PCE-AC55BT Dual-Band Wireless-AC1200 Up to 800Mbps

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 Memory

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480 GB Sata III

Intel Core i5 8400 2.80GHz Socket 1151 8th Gen Processor

Corsair TX550M Power Supply

4 Port Type A USB 3.0 Front Panel

LiteOn DVD-RW Regular Drive (Included or two other drive options below)

Windows 10
charging I estimate £200 above materials cost.
I have been mucking about with the wifes laptop W10 and think I can cope with the changes with lots of post it notes :)

Fair play to you DW.
Specs look ok.
We could debate the ins & outs of the different parts but at the end of the day, if it does the job at a reasonable price, then you should be a happy man.

LancsRick":285pphlf said:
What are you using it for devon? It's definitely more than a word processor spec.

Mainly digital painting, photoshop and corel painter running and multiple displays should be possible.
And the wife likes shooting rabbits and ducks if I can find a modern game for her :D
( and might take up some gaming :wink: )

Had a bad experience earlier this year when something went wrong with a proprietary model, having to send it back to Stoke for service etc. and new machine would be local.

John, if your TV is reasonably up to date you might want to make sure you have Miracast capability.

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your PC, present a slide show, or even play your favourite game on a larger screen.

If it's even more up to date, it will have an HDMI connector and you can just connect the PC to the TV directly, select the preferred aspect ratio and away ya go!

CHJ":1x3z8lwb said:
John, if your TV is reasonably up to date you might want to make sure you have Miracast capability.

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your PC, present a slide show, or even play your favourite game on a larger screen.

Our living room Bravia 40”is now ten years old so I wouldn’t think it compatible but I get hdmi connection on my tv connected to pc in my playroom.
Perhaps next time if the wife finds my wallet for me

If you can get round the back of it without to much trouble, have a look DW. We have a similar size Bravia that is at least 8/9 years old and it has 3 hdmi ports. Works fine. Good Tv from my personal experience with this one at least.

Bm101":2pn5195g said:
If you can get round the back of it without to much trouble, have a look DW. We have a similar size Bravia that is at least 8/9 years old and it has 3 hdmi ports. Works fine. Good Tv from my personal experience with this one at least.

Thanks, there is a bit of dust around I know there are two hdmis so I will have a look this morning.

So what is the procedure please a dongle to the pc and bobs your uncle?

Oh dear !!!!!!!

The last windows (10), release date was July 2015 doesn't that mean there is a new one round the corner????????????

John, stop fretting about release dates. Windows 10 will just keep evolving with the updates as various coding problems are adjusted or features changed/added .

CHJ":940n1i8z said:
John, stop fretting about release dates. Windows 10 will just keep evolving with the updates as various coding problems are adjusted or features changed/added .

Cheers Chas. I feel better already. :D

But how will poor old Mickey make any money?

Back