Looking for rip blades with flat teeth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisCA

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems exceedingly hard to find a cheap flat toothed rip blades like they seemingly can over in america and canada. I've been looking in every store in town as well as online at things like ebay and all the rip blades I am looking at are ATB style. Or they are large and expensive. Buying american skillsaw blade packs would have been an option if they had not been 5/8" bore.

So my question is are there any smaller rip blades in the 190-210mm size range with flat teeth that will leave a flat surface in wood? 20-30mm arbor size. Any help would be appreciated.

CMT seem to do one http://www.cmtutensili.com/media/Files/ ... -chart.pdf

I have just bought a grooving blade from http://bivenmachinerysales.co.uk/index. ... uct_id=790 (I know you are in finland)- they were very helpful and competitively priced. The blade that i wanted was not on the website but was in stock- they are adding new items on the website and it has now appeared. May be worth dropping them a message.

The other option is either cutting solutions http://www.cutting-solutions.co.uk/wood ... _saws.html who can get most things, or could you get something locally and have it reground (I dont know how practical that idea is).

Thanks I had found the CMT one on their website a little while ago, but not found a dealer. I do not mind buying from the UK or germany or other EU country. Living in Finland you have to get used to not being able to find anything "off the beaten path" locally.

I also just found the "Bosch Construct Wood circular saw blade 190 x 20/16 x 2,6mm, 12 2608641201 (2 608 641 201)", flat tooth (though a small bevel on the sides of the teeth) that seems promising.

DennisCA":tjigu29q said:
It seems exceedingly hard to find a cheap flat toothed rip blades like they seemingly can over in america and canada. I've been looking in every store in town as well as online at things like ebay and all the rip blades I am looking at are ATB style. Or they are large and expensive. Buying american skillsaw blade packs would have been an option if they had not been 5/8" bore.

So my question is are there any smaller rip blades in the 190-210mm size range with flat teeth that will leave a flat surface in wood? 20-30mm arbor size. Any help would be appreciated.

Not something I've ever enquired about, but I would imagine a blade sharpening service could grind any TCT blade the way you want.
This is my local, you could email them and ask: http://www.thesawshop.co.uk

I've been told so, but it seems it's expensive, 30-40 euros locally. It sort of ruins the whole cheap part I was after but I think I have to give up on that anyway.

Hi Dennis
I'm sure you'll find something from Leitz or another big European manufacturer. Try searching for a flat toothed sawblade
Google in German turns up lots
flachzahn kreisaegeblatt = flat toothed circular sawblade
zahnform flach = tooth form flat
I know factories in the UK like Crowley who will make any blade, but of the peg stuff is cheaper
Good luck
Matt

DennisCA":1q3n9pju said:

Why not bore them out to the size you want?

Just fix a bit of flat wood to a face plat, bore that to make a mortice for the blade, Then clamp the blade into the mortice and bore out the blade.

That way you could use the skill saw blades.

I'm a bit scared of trying, some people have told me it'd be insanely dangerous if anything went wrong.

Latest posts

Back