Looking for an online printer for matt A7 business cards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to get some more business cards made up but this time in A7 size which is slightly larger. I want 400gsm paper and matt...no silk or glossy. Double-sided. But so far all I can find are people who do A7 flyers in lightweight glossy paper.

Does anyone know of any online company that does this? Or maybe even a member is a printer.

Thanks

Roger,

Might be worth having a word with Beanprint in Redditch, I've just had some calendars done there and am very pleased with the results and lightning fast service, also had cause to speak to them on the phone re their calendar uploader on the website and they seemed very obliging.

Not sure if they show everything they do on their website so maybe best to give them a ring http://www.beanprint.com/

Steve :)

I use vistaprint, good prices, good results and quick; and once on their mailing list you are never off it.
Their 'free' offers are never as free as they seem but they still come out cheap. Making an order is like walking across a minefield as you try to avoid ordering extras.
Chunko'.

RogerS":1vnsrm2w said:
I need to get some more business cards made up but this time in A7 size which is slightly larger. I want 400gsm paper and matt...no silk or glossy. Double-sided. But so far all I can find are people who do A7 flyers in lightweight glossy paper.

Does anyone know of any online company that does this? Or maybe even a member is a printer.

Thanks

I would advise against non standard sizes. Speaking as someone who carries, and is given cards, cards which don't fit in the usual slots, holders, or stack nicely with other cards are annoying.

BugBear

Vistaprint are a PITA. Sure, the end result is fine, but the process is about as complicated, deliberately unfriendly and confusing as it possibly can be. ANd their "free delivery" just means that they deliberately delay the job for a week, so you get fed up and pay more to have it in a couple of days. They still send it out for next-day delivery, either way.
I now have a filter to stop junk emails from them, as they come every single day.
It's a dreadful business model.
S

I just got some business cards printed by these guys http://www.goodprint.co.uk/ quality was excellent and on 400gsm, price was steep but I really needed them next day which is my own stupid fault. Don't know if they do different sizes but as others have said it would really bug me if you gave me an odd sized card.

Thanks chaps. Looks like I'm sorted.

I understand where some of you are coming from re size of card and I'd go along with that for what I'd call 'normal' suited professions, if you follow. My rationale (OK..my wife's rational and she's pretty good with this sort of thing) is that a card for someone making furniture and windows etc is not something that you're likely to stick in your wallet but more likely to stick on the windowsill, or in one of those elasticated boards...you get my drift? A normal size card is much easier to lose.

I agree re odd sized cards.
I dish out postcards with quality glossy images on them at exhibitions etc, they get stuck on fridges and walls or float around in handbags, business cards get lost instantly.
Last year I picked up a £1500 comission from a lady who had my postcard on her wall for about a year.
I think this works when dealing with the general public and if you are making something that needs to be looked at, less relevant if you areoffering a simple service.
I do keep a few business cards in my wallet to dish out if people ask me about what I do when I am out and about..
Hope that helps.
Chunko'.

bugbear":3cmfbcyk said:
RogerS":3cmfbcyk said:

Thanks

I would advise against non standard sizes. Speaking as someone who carries, and is given cards, cards which don't fit in the usual slots, holders, or stack nicely with other cards are annoying.

BugBear

agreed - i bin the ones that don't fit where they should.

Back