Looking for a recommendation on nuts & bolts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bristol_Rob

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys

I'm thinking of getting a general assortment of nuts and bolts for the house.
Just for general everyday stuff.

I was looking at getting an assortment box of M2, M3, M4, M5 in stainless steel Socket Cap Headed nuts and bolts.

I'm generally looking on Amazon.

Do you have any recommendations of better value places to buy nuts & bolts?

I may also grab some larger sizes as well? (M6, M8, M10)

I never seem to have what I want when I want it :(

They have little boxes with an assortment of bolts, nuts, washers and hooks even heatshrink

Whatever you buy, get them as long as possible, you can always make them shorter but you can't make them longer. I always like to have a couple of lengths of M6 and M8 all thread on hand for emergencies, you can make bolts of any length then.

Whatever you buy, get them as long as possible, you can always make them shorter but you can't make them longer. I always like to have a couple of lengths of M6 and M8 all thread on hand for emergencies, you can make bolts of any length then.
Good advice - thank you

Guys

I was looking at getting an assortment box of M2, M3, M4, M5 in stainless steel Socket Cap Headed nuts and bolts.

Try your local
Guys

Try your local Wilkos store for general hardware. You can fill a bag of a mixture of nuts bolts and screws. They have washers in various sizes to suit. As long as you can seal the bag you can fill it for about 3 pounds 75. Have fun.......Joe

Hi

Kayfast also good for american UNC Fixings and fasteners suppliers UK | Kayfast Ltd | Stainless Steel | Same Day Dispatch

spalding fasteners good for sets, and most fasteners Spalding Fasteners - Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Rivets etc. Low prices, fast delivery

also these two companies but often if you are looking for something special you will need to shop around, Accu has some neat wood screws with sealing washers if you are fitting shower enclosures.

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/5-precisi...MI86G1gtS-7gIVSevtCh3l6Q45EAAYASAAEgIr3fD_BwE
https://www.ukstainless.co.uk/
Also even with lots of fasteners at hand I still find that the one I need is the one I do not have.

Back