Looking for a new toy for christmas?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Just seen a Triton router for the first time today. When used as a hand held router it does not even come close to the Porter Cable BUT this baby is made for a table.

The fine height adjuster is absolutely SUPERB and easy to use + there is a course adjuster on the main handle that allows one to quickly wind the router up until the collet is proud of the table for easy bit changing. Ohh, and the spindle automatically locks when the collet is proud the table making bit changing a one hand process without that awkward grapling under the table.

Dust extracton is well thought out and manufactured too.

If you're thinking of a new router for christmas that will spend most of it's time in a table, then look no further!!

Now, do I get the Incra or the Triton to improve my router table????

Tony":3oa5ysyj said:
Or a Woodrat so you wouldn't need either...?
whistling.gif

Cheers, Alf

Alf":46eng5uf said:
Tony":46eng5uf said:
Or a Woodrat so you wouldn't need either...?
whistling.gif

Cheers, Alf

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cost of both together about equals (£100 LESS THAN) a rat!!

P'shaw! Neither of them would have solved the problem of milling a sliding dovetail on a 12.5deg bevelled edge like I was doing on the 'Rat this morning.
tounge.gif

Cheers, Alf

is my computer playing up it says alf was working on some wood in her workshop. not fettling or rust removal but using wood . :wink: :wink:

Much as I hate to drag this back on topic :wink:, there is a very in-depth review of the Triton here in case anyone is interested.

NeilCFD

Alf":22lelp7h said:
Tony":22lelp7h said:
sanity is restored!!
So how long have you been suffering from delusions, Tony?
rolleyes.gif

Ohh, a couple of hours now !!

For what it's worth, I went for the Incra Ultra 24 in the end but apparently I have to wait another 12 days before I am allowed to use it!!!! VERY unfair :(

If there is anyone from the Woodrat company on here, I would have chosen one of these instead if you priced it realistically (about 1/2 what it currently sells for) :twisted:

Alf wrote:
Tony wrote:
sanity is restored!!

So how long have you been suffering from delusions, Tony?

Ohh, a couple of hours now !!

Your pushing it a bit arnt you Tony :wink:

Bean

Back