Looking for a name... -

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the name of a place in West Sussex that does 2nd hand and refurbished woodworking/metal working machines.

I;ve half an idea its in Ashington - but just can't remember it, and can't find the category it would appear in under Yellow Pages.

Its a big warehouse, and had hand tools etc as well.

Any one know where I mean??

Adam

Adam,

There's another place at Yapton - don't know if you're aware of it:

Leeside Tool Shop,
Burndell Road
Yapton
West Sussex BN1 80HP
Tel: 01243 554056
Fax: 01243 553367
Web: www.leesidetools.co.uk

The web site only seems to work in MSIE - Firefox won't look at it. They're not as big as the site you posted, but might be worth a ring, depending upon what you're looking for. HTH

Ray.

Adam,
Caveat Emptor! I have found G&M prices high and their attitude rude and condescending - course it might just be my face that provokes that reaction!

Any chance someone can keep Alice from looking at the "Hand Tools" picture :?:

Don't want her having a restless weekend do we. :twisted:

Is your bunker still open Gill?

waterhead37":27qdhqzf said:
Adam, Caveat Emptor! I have found G&M prices high and their attitude rude and condescending

Hmm, I know what you mean :shock: Some of their prices are comical. Don't worry, I've been before.

Adam

Mcluma":2q4i0pbe said:
I think you mean the one in horsham :?:

No, it is mill lane in Ashington. They only do second hand/refurbished machines.

Adam

CHJ":5vism8im said:
Is your bunker still open Gill?

Yup, and you're welcome :) . However, it's undergoing insulation and cladding right now in preparation for the winter, so watch out for the nail gun and don't tread on the air compressor cable.

Wassat? You can't find anywhere to sit down coz all the machinery's been moved to give me space to work? Never mind, you can always make yourself useful chopping some of that banana pine to length.

:D

Gill

Chas, you can come out now. :p I'm perfectly familiar with G&M's site; I spent most of the summer before last periodically drooling over a #55 they had for sale. As mentioned, the price was outrageously high, but by gum, it was a beauty. Leeside Tools is amongst my Tool Dealer list (Don't want to miss the chance of a plug). Scott and Sergeant I visited on my Great Bandsaw Hunt and was disappointed to find that they didn't have more than one make of bandsaw on display - given their size. But the acres of cast iron in Wadkin green and the like was most impressive and worth seeing just to go "Gosh".

Cheers, Alf

Gill":3ft17x5k said:
..snip..Yup, and you're welcome :) . However, it's undergoing insulation and cladding right now in preparation for the winter, so watch out for the nail gun and don't tread on the air compressor cable.
Been there done that a few weeks ago in the Lathe shed.

Gill":3ft17x5k said:
Wassat? You can't find anywhere to sit down coz all the machinery's been moved to give me space to work? ..snip..
Gill

Bit like my Garage Workshop then which I am trying to ignore at the moment whilst I await a quote for a new roof from a builder neighbour of mine who said we could do it cheaper if I laboured, still suspect in order of 4 figures though, It's 26ft X 10 and Flat. needs raising to create a proper fall hence the doubling of the cost.

Back