Looking for a Hinge Mechanism

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Does anyone know either what it is called or where I can get the following. I am looking for a hinge that will allow me to open a cabinet door and then slide the door into the caqbinet. Much as you would find on an old barristers bookcase.

I think I know what you mean. A chap in my unit did the same thing and he ended up making the mechanism himself, so perhaps a ready made product doesn't exist. It ended up working a treat for him, but he did have to put the effort in, making a mock up etc.

Ercol used a pair metal sliding drawer runners with a piece of vertical wood which they then mounted the hinges on for the door. Best photo I have of a TV cabinet.

80CA5F33-A540-4ECB-AF6E-AD61C9B97EF6.jpeg

@RichardG That's the sort of thing I'm after. I'm sure they have a name though for the complete mechanism.

Shoiuld have said door is to pivot in the vertical axis

Think I have it now - Pocket Door Slides

Last edited:
The bookcases were made, predominantly, by Globe Wernicke - Google and there's quite a bit of information and few pictures of the mechanism

Seems all the ones I can find are for massive wardrobe doors etc (30kg+). I am trying to find some for cabinets for the workshop. Sick and tired of all the ools having half an inch of crud after a while, so want to make some new cabinets with nice doors for behind and above the bench but don't want to smak my head all the time

thanks guys the Accuride meet the bill as the cainet internals are 350 x 900 yay

Back