Looking for a company in the UK that can fix a Delta bobbin sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Citracal

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a company in the UK that can service a Delta SA350k oscillating spindle sander?

This fan shaped thing that is usually used to tighten the spindle and secure the sandpaper has given out and no longer can be attached to the plate on which it sits.

Just wondering if anyone knew of a place in the UK we could send it to be fixed?

Cheers,

Alex

PXL_20220104_090741717.jpg

SA350K

Welcome by the way, I’m not an expert and it’s very different to mine, but that fan shaped thing just looks to have come off the plate at the bottom and it looks to be held on with some little tabs, I’m fairly sure that is nothing to do with tightening up the spindle which is normally a two spanner job underneath one to hold the thing from turning whilst you undo the shaft with the other, there will probably be a few different sized shafts for different sized tubes of sandpaper.
The bent fan thing looks like it could be easily straightened put back on the tabs and then they need just tapping over a little to hold it in place, I suspect the fan thing is there to suck the dust downwards.
It does look as if somebody has been trying to hold the fan still to undo the shaft, definitely not the right thing to do. Ian

Hi Ian,

Cheers for the reply. Yeah one of the lads tried this but the little tabs just started coming off. Originally we were just going to get rid of it as it's been out of commission for a while but I said I'd have a look into getting it serviced if I could find someone.

Yeah the fan thing is fine, we just couldn't attach it anymore. They had been using it to tighten the spindle as whatever the regular mechanism of doing so had failed, and jamming the fan to use while tightening the top of the spindle I guess worked for a shirt time.

But yeah if you've any ideas on a place it could be sent let me know as it's been sitting about taking up space for far too long.

Thanks again!

Alex

Well if it were me I would just set to and take it apart, it can’t be that complicated a machine. Presumably it still works, you just can’t get the spindle undone.
Ps. You don’t need a particular company to service it any local general engineering works will be able to sort it if you feel it’s beyond your capabilities. Ian

If you do want to get rid of it, please let me know as I would buy the switch off you

Back