Looking for a capacitor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammez

Reaction score
Im in need of one of these for my clarke lathe, anyone know where i can get this exact one? I have looked around but can't find one exact to this.

Attachments

• received_752354519148994.jpeg
    received_752354519148994.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
The brand is irrelevant. Ignore it. It could be some generic no name that won't be the same from week to week. There is absolutely no reason to try and find the same brand.

If you can solder or have a crimp tool to change it to push ons, ignore the screw terminals. They're less common.

150microfarad (uF) matters.
250V or anything greater Working Voltage is required. If you find a 400V cap then it's better.

The biggest challenge maybe finding one the same physical dimensions to fit in a box. I assume this is one of the two capacitors on a cap start, cap run motor.
You'll either have to ask whichever ebay seller you pick to confirm dimensions before you buy or buy from RS Components / Farnell / one of the other reputable vendors who sell proper components with datasheets that tell you.
If there's lots of space, and size doesn't matter, there are thousands out there for a few quid.

Searching Google for "mfc motor starting capacitor 150MFD 250V" found one that looks similar by ABS for sale by Amazon BUT currently not available!

Then looking for "ABS Series 150mfd 150uf 250v AC Motor Starting Capacitor HL" and ebay came up but again ot of stock. There are some from china via amazon but £33.

Is there a motor winding company in your area you can visit?

From the web ( Can You Replace A Capacitor With Higher uF? (Find Out Now!) – Upgraded Home):
Can you replace a capacitor with one of a higher uF? Yes, you can replace a capacitor with one of a slightly higher uF, but try to stay as close as possible to the original number and don’t go lower. Replacing a capacitor is sometimes referred to as “recapping a circuit board,” and it’s important to match the new capacitor up to the old one. Both the capacitance (uF) and the voltage (V) should remain constant.

I've found it amazingly hard to source capacitors locally (rural), but RS normally has them and will deliver next day.

Back