Look what the postie jus delivered

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMoore

Established Member
Reaction score
after the previosu thread was posted. i figured i was lacking certain items, one of which was a good marking guage,
i was very tempted by the LN one, but its cost put me off somewhat
i remembered reading about this tool in a publication a while ago,
and one came up at a good price, it was just under £30 inc postage!
what i like about it most is that its 4 tools in one, as there is a recess for the wheel or pin, enabling it to be used as a marking gauge aswell as mortice gauge!
all in all, im well 'appy :D

DCP_0612(1).jpg

Matt, you really need to get yourself a better picture host.
rolleyes.gif
You can get 20 images hosted here free which can start you off.

Cheers, Alf

i tried to get an account wit photocuket but they only allow new accounts to me made between set hours :?
the pictues work when they r posted in the adress bar, why not in the message?

Dunno about anyone else, but I can't even get it in the address bar. Yahoo never allow hot linking anyway. I wanna see what you got! Mwaaaaaaah!

Cheers, Alf

HOORAY :D i finally found a pic hosting site!!
well there it is, a stanley 098 mortice and marking gauge,
anyone know how to bring the wheels back to perfect circles? the ones on there are full of dings

Matt,

So that was you on eBay then? :wink:
I saw that an hour or so before it ended and put in a bid but forget to look in towards the end and so missed it. :cry:
Not too sure if I would have gone any higher though, too mean. :roll:
Any congrats, that's a nice little tool you've got there, haven't seen one crop up before.
Shame about the cutting wheels. Are they replaceable? Might be worth giving Ray Iles (is that the right guy?) a ring to see if he has any or maybe even make you some. When I spoke to him last year he seemed to be the sort that could.
Otherwise, maybe careful use of a small slipstone perhaps?

Back