Look what arrived in the post this morning......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've lost out on a few of these on ebay recently, but finally managed to get one!

7am the postie called, I was dead to the world so SWMBO rushed down.

Hmm, nicely packed!

medium.jpg

Ah hah, ALF will be proud of me!

medium.jpg

Even instructions!

medium.jpg

All the cutters seem to be there

medium.jpg

All seems in pretty mint condition

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

So ALF is it all there? Am I missing anything? I only got it for the odd job when I can't be bothered to take the router out the woodrat, or just to tidy up the odd here and there. Honestly guv!

Adam

Hi ho, hi ho, it's down The Slope we go,
With a chisel and plane and Ebay name,
Hi ho, hi ho. :lol:

Looks very crispy indeed, Adam. Doubt it's ever been out of the box, much less tasted wood. Never mind, you can soon put that right, back permitting. :wink: Nice gloat. :p

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3g0y9awp said:
Hi ho, hi ho, it's down The Slope we go,
With a chisel and plane and Ebay name,
Hi ho, hi ho. :

Got outbid on the chisels :wink:

Adam

Edit: Nice verse by the way! :lol:

Nice buy Adam

As Alf said earlier it looks mint and unused. I generally steer clear of ebay for personal reasons (cowardice really, mrs T might be miffed when the credit card hits the limit) but am tempted with bargains like that on there.

Gives us a review when your back is up to using it

Cheers

Tony

Seen as a couple of people asked, I paid £51, and the auction can be found here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6100484813

The more I look at it, the more I realise it really is in completely mint condition. Not a scratch, mark, or scuff on it anywhere, and even the varnish on the handle is in perfect condition.

Adam

Hi Adam

That diazapam hs obviously gone to your head. Watch out or we'll have Alf giving them out at all of the woodwork shows. :wink:

Seriously though, it really is in mint condition. Well done.

Hope you return to normal soon. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Very nice Adam, well done.

Errm, don't suppose there's any chance you could upload a scan of the manual somewhere is there? (grovel, grovel, grovel)

Cheers,
Barry

DaveL":3b26u6pd said:
Newbie_Neil":3b26u6pd said:
Hope you return to normal soon. :roll:

It has to asked, what is Normal :wink:
An interesting question, Dave. For Neil, I think normal applies to anything that has a plug and "Jet" written down the side. For me, abnormal is anyone only having one combination plane. I think my definition, while having merit, is probably fairly unusual. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

That is the nicest #50 I have ever seen! Excellent price as well.
Congratulations!

Adam,

Looks very clean and I believe you migh even manage to get it into your workshop! Where are you going to put the shavings though? I see no DC connection.

Nice one :D It sort of makes you want another when you see one in that condition EBay mmmmmmmmmmm :D

Bean

Bean, there were some decent looking record 405s on there the other day.

with apologies to anyone else on here if they are bidding on one of them already

Jake

Arggh! :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6101957641&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

with apologies to anyone else on here if they are bidding on one of them already

Never mind they are like a number 9 bus.

I do set my limit and certainly stick to it with postage taken into consideration.

Adam I wood :wink: have been gutted if I had only £50 for that excellent example if I was a seller.Mint condition, excellent, ended right time of the day if you are a buyer but not for a seller (every ones in work).
Enjoy your purchase

Latest posts

Back