Reaction score
FAQ Search Memberlist
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ devonwoody ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

view threads latest posts in ukworkshop

UKworkshop.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat (Off-Topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic
devonwoody
Furniture Maker

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:49 am Post subject: view threads latest posts in ukworkshop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I'm teaching grandmothers to suck eggs

but I found that if I placed the url of "view the latest threads" in my favourites I can go to this thread directly.

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

UKworkshop.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat (Off-Topic) All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to: Select a forum Woodworking----------------General WoodworkingHand ToolsBuying AdviceFinishing AdviceWood Turning - LathesTool ReviewsCompleted projects, workshop tours and past mistakesGeneral Chat (Off-Topic) Website----------------Site Updates, News, Errors, Comments and Suggestions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

THIS WAS ON MY SCREEN WHEN I OPENED THIS PAGE???????
have you a problem

admin edit: removed the code as it was a security risk (serverend PHP code)

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

That error should of only lasted about 7secs. I was uploading the new menu system and then relised the mod that let me use PHP code in the forums template system was lost when I updated the forum the other week :roll:

Sorry about that,

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
it might be an idea to setup a local test environment Charley... Bit dicey editing the live site.

Easy to setup apache, php, myphpadmin, etc locally to test any changes before they go live

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi WiZeR,

Thanks for the suggestion. I do actually have a centos test server here at home.

It was just ment to be a simple upgrade but has turned out to be a nightmare. I've spent the past hour trying to find the 'php code' mod to let me use PHP in the templates but so far no luck :evil: Looks like I'm going to have to write the mod myself.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Charley":323mz8rf said:
It was just ment to be a simple upgrade but has turned out to be a nightmare.
D'you know how comforting that is to hear for a non-techie such as myself? :D Every website upgrade I've ever done has turned out to be a nightmare. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

A

Anonymous

just a note of caution with phpBB - another forum I frequent was hacked during the week, due to massive security holes in phpBB since version 10 (or so I was told by the guy who runs that forum); luckily, the hack wasn't too malicious - just the creation of a new forum - something to watch out for. I'm sure I could get details if you want.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Our version is the latest so we should be safe from the well known security holes. There has been major security holes in the past three versions of phpBB :?

Latest posts