Long time, no post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
It's o.k. guys n gals, I'm still alive!! :lol: :)
I just got into the engineering side of the workshop to repair everything that Mrs. Sliver breaks. :roll:
I have recently been doing creative stuff but not as good as 'er indoors.
Some of you may be aware that a life long friend of mine is also a member of this site Mitch 247 & he & I usually sweep up the bits after Mrs. S has done her magic. :)
We did have a problem with the new perform lathe from Axminster, but an email or two made sure that all was sorted in double quick time...Thanks to Gemma in customer services. All too easy to complain when it goes wrong as we british tend to do, but we don't readily praise when we should.

Absolutely first class sevice, in excellent time & you got the feeling that, o.k. while there was a problem, the attitude was one of "What can we do to fix it?" Rather that the usual these days of "Ah well you see the warranty won't cover that because........." So it's nice be at the other end of the scale this time
clockindex.jpg

Here's the kind of thing I've been up to lately. Will post more in a fresh post.

cheers, Sliver. :) :wink:

sliver":thgqxf41 said:
...I just got into the engineering side of the workshop to repair everything that Mrs. Sliver breaks. :roll:

Methinks someone is pushing his luck :lol:

Still, glad to hear that you are allowed in the workshop from time to time.

Don't leave the post gap so long next time, 11 months :shock:

Good to see you are allowed on the lathe occasionally.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Andrew, I do like the plugs myself, they do make an otherwise plain piece more interesting.

Chas, Hi, 11 months???????? :shock: :shock: Didn't think it was that long.
Yes I do get to have a play with the lathe now and then, but Mrs. S & Mitch do tend to be more creative in their designs than I am so they just load a piece on the spinny thing & off they go. I just get bursts now and again.
As promised:

DSCF0938.jpg

Back