long shot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midge29

Established Member
Reaction score
hia all, i have recently took up turning and am loving every minute of it, having trouble sourcing some green blanks to play with as dried out blanks are too expensive , anyone have any ideas where i could source some green hardwood from , live in north kent and willing to pay and transport , anything considered would be a help

Are there any tree surgeons in your area, most will let you have a few logs for nothing.
If you get to know them well then turn them somthing now and again.
There used to be a large timber converters around the back of the estate where Morrisons are. (10 years ago).

Terry

midge

there's a guy with a house full of such blanks in various states of dryness not that far away; will try an ddig out name and number and pm you. he and his chainsaw get around!

a lot of people at the kent wood turners (meet at Alesford) get bits from him.

now all I have to do is find the name and number!

I can get hold of some kiln dried blanks very cheap! I can pick them up and post too if that helps!

Pm me for some more info if you like :)

if ya could sought that number out jumps that would be great , going down to the kent woodturners this sat they have an open hands on day . adam thanks for the offer very kind of you but i,m realy looking for some round green wood as i like trying the natural edge bowls , thanks again .

You could try any transport firms and ask if they have old bearers that the drivers use on lorrys. I have found some nice hard wood.
PS i go off if its heavy its good and look in skips but ask first.

Back