Long Sash clamps, > 2 meters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kules

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some extra long sash clamps, all the ones I find seem to stop at around 72" and I need 108" to make a panel to make a solid walnut wardrobe door.

P.S. I am very new to woodworking and from a completely different background so I may be doing the complete wrong thing making it in this way, it's just we want a smooth clean look - i.e no edges ect that we can then detail some designs into.

I f you have sash cramps then just remove the end shoe and bolt two together with a head at each end.

You can just take the ends off of them and join two together with a couple of bolts. The Tee section one need a joining piece but flat bar ones just a coupel of 6mm nusts & bolts

Or use pipe clamps and screw lengths of pipe together to get the length you need.

Jason

Brilliant thanks for the tips! Didn't even think of doing that, I'll have to check on them when I go back to the workshop.

As Jason said, this is the "jobbie" you need. Then just get the appropriate length of 3/4" pipe from your favourite plumbers merchants.

I've got something similar set into my bench top which gives me a clamp with jaws that will stretch up to 6ft between them.

HTH

RogerM":349gqv68 said:
As Jason said, this is the "jobbie" you need.
HTH

No THESE are the ones you want, not the far eastern copies, I've also go the longer reach ones. :wink:

And get the pipe from a good plumbers merchants, it cheaper.

J

Yes the Pony ones are great.
I think the pipe comes in 10' lengths?
My friendly Plumber got them for me, cut them in half and threaded the ends. With the couplers you can make up any lengths?

Rod

Jason - I've used both and would agree that the Jorgenson Pony clamps are a better product. But the Axi ones are OK and half the price - especially if just for a single job, and if Kules is just starting out in woodwork he'll be putting his hand in his pocket every 5 minutes, and he may have other uses for his hard earned loot. However, if money is no object, I agree, go for the Jorgensons. Both available at Axminster.

mark aspin":381h1hby said:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned cramp heads?

Hardly use mine now I have the pipe clamps, just get dragged out whan all the other clamps are in use.

If it is a one off you could also attach a couple of blocks to a bits of 4x2 and use a pair of folding wedges cheap and simples

J

Back