London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Did i get it wrong or are the Northern line staff striking tomorrow because the bit of rope they have to pull to stop the train in an emergancy has been made from a smaller bit of rope ?
The news showed a bit of rope with plastic holders ( for the driver so he doesnt hurt himself while his train is crashing ) to stop the train !
:shock:

Rest assured that even if the driver fails to pull his cord and the train carries on travelling, jumping red lights, that the Moving Block circuitry will automatically transfer signalling control to the Fixed Block circuitry...and so spacing out the trains more to try and avoid a crash...

...and if the train STILL keeps on jumping a red light then the FINAL failsafe mechanism, designed and installed all those many, many years ago when engineers rather than accountants and policiticians ran our transport systems....

the FINAL failsafe is a large metal spike that flicks up between the tracks and slices through all the vacuum break pipes....thus bringing the train to a rather dramatic stop...well, not quite as dramatic as crashing into something...but you get my point :D :D

Edit...just read this thread http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4337052.stm and sadly it looks as if the solid engineering installed by the underground engineers in the 30's has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Nice one, Ken.

i'd rather they were striking over safety than pay...

luckily I don't travel on the Northern, but that said I still manged to double my journey time last night because of 'rain'. :?

WiZeR":gqvfs97o said:
i'd rather they were striking over safety than pay...

luckily I don't travel on the Northern, but that said I still manged to double my journey time last night because of 'rain'. :?

or wrong type of leaves ? :wink:

Back