LOL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
i've had a pc since windows 3.1and i never knew this.

After a few units this weekend,hit ctrl+alt+down arrow then shout the wife and ask her to check the online banking...................

:shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The resulting action depends on the graphics card and drivers installed. It doesn't do anything on my laptop. On my wife's laptop it just sets the display to a basic VGA resolution - I'll try on my desktop machine later. Apparently on some machines it turns the display upside down.

Misterfish

That's brilliant - my kids are always playing on CBBC and accidentally turning the pic sideways, and i've never worked out how they've done it. Now it's easy to flip it back the right way (rather than having to go through the menu system, which can be tricky with the screen the wrong way round!).

Works on my laptop.

Cheers

Karl

Turns my screen upsidedown and then Ctrl-Alt-Up arrow turns it back the "right" way again.

Similarly Ctrl-Alt-Right arrow turns the screen to one side; Ctrl-Alt-Left arrow to the other; Ctrl-Alt-Up arrow to return to "normal".

Mike

I don't like playing around with 'new' commands like this, OK, fenton49er has kindly given the command to put the screen back to normal but I'm always thinking 'what if it does more' and 'what if the command to get it back to normal is wrong' there's so many malicious people out there and so few who I can contact for help.

Losos":3e9xkoow said:
I don't like playing around with 'new' commands like this, OK, fenton49er has kindly given the command to put the screen back to normal but I'm always thinking 'what if it does more' and 'what if the command to get it back to normal is wrong' there's so many malicious people out there and so few who I can contact for help.

Sounds like you hit ctrl-alt-F5 at some point - it turns one paranoid and removes one's ability to laugh at oneself. Try ctrl-shift-F8 to reverse this, but there is no guarantee it will work as it is believed to be irreversible. But don't worry it could be worse. The equivalent for Mac users is touching the space-bar twice within a minute - it turns them into fashion victims insufferably convinced of their own innate superiority and again robs them of their ability to laugh at themselves, and there is no cure for it at all.

andycktm":3pzqbh65 said:
5..4..3..2................ :roll: :roll:

It is a joke, obviously. I added some stuff to make that harder to avoid.

Now he tells me!
After pressing the F5 bit i've now got 7 partitions and something called star trek o/s!!!

Back