Quantcast

Logging in and out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy Christmas all.

I now need to log in every time I open up UKW. I know there are no probs with my cookies because I don't have probs with other sites so just wondered what was going on and whether it could be fixed please. Its only started to do it again over the last 10 days or so.

Cheers

Tim

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Tim,

I would guess that the cookie for the forum has got itself corrupted, if you delete it and then log in it should get recreated and the problem will be fixed.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Sorry I missed this post...

Are you still having this problem? Have you tried to delete the UKW cookie as Dave suggested?

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
No probs Charley It seems to do it sporadically now, even after deleting the cookie but not as frequently as it used to. Its very odd. It can sometimes happen when I have several sections open in different tabs - I refresh one and it requires me to log in, but if I do it with the other tabs (before I re log in on the requested one) it still recognises me as properly logged in.

Cheers

Tim

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems to be doing it again more frequently! Kinda used to it now though, although what is bugging me is that when I log in, all threads show as old ie unhighlighted. Weird.

Cheers

Tim

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Tim, do you log in with this script?

Code:
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts
If not can you try it and see if results differ.

How many Cookies are on your system? Is the system suffering cookie indigestion and loosing them instead of some least used ones. (the info. in that link does not gel with my system{XP} which currently has 486 cookies on it.)

Do you have keys for both 'Ident' and 'New Posts' listed in UKW Cookie?

A tool I find useful to manage or read Cookie info is HERE

Latest posts