Log Store - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted anything I've made for a long time as I've been busy re-landscaping the garden, but we needed a new log store. SWMBO didn't want an eyesore up against the house so we agreed that she would be the one to go up the garden and fill the log basket with logs from our store behind the shed on a dark, rainy winter's night. Haha! Who am I kidding, so I've knocked this together.

Started with an end frame.

IMG_20160824_115545_zpsb66owx3h.jpg

Then I made the other end on top to make sure they were the same size.

IMG_20160824_120559_zpsaymabnnm.jpg

Then I pre-painted some shiplap so that bare wood didn't show on shrinkage, and then added a batten base, some anti racking braces, and connected the sides.

IMG_20160824_164349_zpswfwugt2v.jpg

Painted the front with Sikkens, and added an 18mm ply and felt shingle top.

IMG_20160905_173103_zpsi6cd26y6.jpg

A lifting lid makes loading and unloading easier.

Log%20store_zps84bhgtvx.jpg

Overall cost was about £100, of which over half was for the 18mm ply lids and felt shingles. Not a rocket science job, but at least shows I'm still here, and maybe useful to someone! :)

Very tidy, I need to knock up a couple of these so will be taking some pointers from yours, cheers :)

Lovely, I finished mine a couple of weeks ago. Not as nice as yours but will take about 6 cubic meters of logs as we use a lot in the winter. I also buy green logs in the round and split and dry them myself.
Nothing like burning logs on a cold night.
I might make something like yours to keep near the front door.

Great job Roger

Back