localised lighting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if these might be of interest, but they could provide some localised light over a bench. I am going to try some if there are any left so we will see

I love the way these people say 'energy saving LED' as if using LEDs actually pumps juice back into the grid! Or perhaps its does? It has been a few years since I was at college after all and I haven't studied the physics of 21st century LEDs. The advert implies 100,000 hours from a set of batteries too.....

But thanks for the post, pushing aside my cynicism they're excellent value and should be good for lighting a dark corner.

For what it's worth, we have one of these in our under-stairs cupboard, it certainly lights that up well... we've only been in the house a couple of months, though, so I have no idea how long it's lasted. For the money, I'd be tempted to give it a try, though.

(I doubt I'd be able to install them over my own bench, though - I can't reach the rafters!)

i managed to get a pack. No idea about battery life yet, but they are bright and were cheap. I think that they might be handy for highlighting work where needed, and if they prove not to be, they will do to light up in cupboards. My garage is about 7 1/2 to 8ft high at a guess, so the rafters are accessible. I only have a couple of strip lights in there, so i am planning on supplementing them over the (yet to be constructed) workbench, and maybe putting one on the drill press. You can't beat natural light, but it isn't always available.

Lidl also had a electric hoist at £60. I only had a quick glance, but claims to lift up to 250kg. I have no need for 1, but others may

marcros":1s5a3nvu said:
Lidl also had a electric hoist at £60. I only had a quick glance, but claims to lift up to 250kg. I have no need for 1, but others may
Planning to have a look at one of those tomorrow, but it's difficult to get much idea without putting the whole thing together. Has anyone got one? They were on offer some time last year too.

I bought one, as did my Parish Council.

That silverline on Amazon looks to be the same basic unit, but the Lidl one comes with a swing arm as well.
The one bad review just winges about the plu, not the unit itself.

Latest posts

Back