LN's new nickers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
I just received my skew block plane back from LN. I sent it to them to be retrofitted with their new round nicker. Out of the box, the nickers are a lot more useful than the old cloverleaf nickers. The round nicker only protrudes about 1/32 or less below the sole -- I only opened the box at 9pm last night but I can mic it tonight. I did some test cuts and the new nicker did a nice job scoring and didn't add a lot of resistance to the cut the way the old cloverleaf did. The old cloverleafs were a pain to get set up as they initially had too much exposed below the sole and once you had them ground down and sharpened, they rapidly wore to a less-than-ideal length. The round ones will be easier to sharpen and it'll be easy to rotate them to expose fresh cutting area.

Also, they didn't charge me a lot for the retrofit. As many on the board have expressed, all you have to do is give them a call and they'll do almost anything for you.

Back