LN's do bounce

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

It had to happen!

I was quickly rounding the edges of a small piece of Ash with my LN block plane and pulled it back too far. Caught it on the end of the wood and lost my grip. :oops:

Fell onto concrete floor and bounced.

Couldn't even find a dent but the blade needed setting again and the slide for the mouth seems a little stiffer but that could just be my imagination

Phew, was I worried as it left my grip :(

Cheers

Tony

Now where did I see that rubberised floor covering??

Tony,

I bet your heart was in your mouth there, eh? :shock: :( Probably just as well it wasn't the rebate block, you might not have been so lucky with those vulnerable cheeks. :eek: Mmm, maybe I might get some more of those mats too, just in case it is catching... :?

Cheers, Alf

Very lucky :) I nearly dropped my LN dovetail saw once - was just going to hang it up and it slipped out my hand, I manage to catch it with my other hand just in time before it hit the floor. It cut my hand but the saw was unharmed :p

I've got a set of those mats, mainly as I have bad joints (they seem to help). They also act as a safety mat but sods law if I ever did drop something it would miss them :roll:

Vaguely related, but just as worrying... I found my LN/Bogg's spokeshave in the offcut bin the other day! Must have fallen from the tool storage nearby.
Damn lucky I noticed before I tipped the lot at the dump.

Phew!

Back