LN 25mm chisel...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I found a new application for my 25mm LN chisel:

small-5.jpg

I needed to hone an additional micro-micro bevel at 35.5deg to get the correct leverage under the old sticky down flooring. Best used bevel side down as well, no need to belt it with a lump hammer though, a gentle push with the ball of the hand is enough to lift the vinyl - Rob...hat, coat etc

Just in case it isn't a wind up, I think you would have been better off using a blue spruce paring chisel, I found with the long handles you get a lot more leverage .

PS... they are better on paint tins too :lol:

Lord Nibbo":vm4bgjbk said:
PS... they are better on paint tins too :lol:

Yes, plus the long length means you can stir the paint with them as well without getting it on your fingers.

Ed

According to a recent post on Joel's blog, socketed chisels were traditionally preferred for carpentry and building work, whilst "joiners, cabinet makers, pattern makers and those engaged in the finer class of woodworking" tended to prefer the finer balance of tanged chisels.

It would appear that you have reached the same conclusion Rob!

Credit where credits due Rob, you made an excellent job of cleaning that chisel. The last time i fetched up vinyl with my AI 2" butt chisel it was black & covered with adhesive by the time i`d finished.

Lucky AI do a free resharpening service :D

I don't see what's so wrong with it. Worst that can happen is it needs re-grinding. It's just a chisel, not a holy relic.

Smudger":cd4qlx3v said:
This is not just a chisel, this is a hard metal, shiny wood, sharply ground M&S chisel...
...you missed out the bit about the micro-micro bevel Dick - Rob

That's surely put back on a tick with the latest sharpening fad kit, though?

Seems among these posts (Especially the paint-stirring) there's a hint of 'Well, I've been there!' It's good to know I'm not on my own then.

(Has anyone any ideas for storing my Birmingham Screwdriver?)

(hammer) :tool:

John :D

Back