LN 102 Low Angle Block Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I only had a jack plane, so when a little LN LA Block plane came up on the for sale thread, I seized the opportunity. It is the iron version rather than the bronze.

It has been a most useful little tool today, the first opportunity I have really had to use it. I have nothing to compare it to quality wise, but it is a fantastic tool. I have quite large hands, and I believe that this one is the smaller of the 2 block plane sizes that Lie Nielson do. It does however, sit nicely in my hand, and equally nicely in the pocket of the fleece that I was wearing. To be honest, I would probably have gone for the larger of the 2 if both were for sale, but I am glad that I didn't. It was perfect for taking a few shavings off the handrail that I was fitting, and I can see it being kept constantly to hand in the workshop, (probably in a pocket) like a biro on an office desk.

If you are the type that only needs a jack plane and a block plane, you could do a lot worse that make this one 50% of your set!

Absolutely they are. I like the rebate/block plane. Great for touching up rebates and fielding as well as general cleaning up. I sold one a couple of years ago, but I missed it, to the point I had to buy another. I thought my Stanley Block planes were good, but.... :D

Back