Live edge, north yorks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I am traveling up from Leeds to Northallerton at the end of the week. I am looking for a couple of inch boards, with a live edge. Species is not that important, but I would prefer something native(ish) (if it actually comes from europe, that is ok). Oak, elm, cherry, sycamore etc. I don't need wide boards, it is to make a mirror frame http://hemispheregallery.com/product/ge ... nut-mirror and possibly a htlybrid resin wall hanging.

It looks like I can go past Duffields or Scranton with a minor detour. The websites are not great, any suggestions which would be the better to call in at? I am going to struggle to do both.

Duffields tend to do sawn, but do have live edge boards too. They recently told me they were no longer stocking sawn cherry, and just keeping waney edge in stock . I would give them a ring and tell them what you are after. If they have what you are after they will likely get a selection of boards from the yard for you to select from in the retail area.

Back