LittleRat Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Forgot to post this-finished it last week for the Missus. She wanted a cabinet for the bathtoom to keep Her various nik-naks in. It had to be finished in a white see-through finish-had a head scratch on that one but came through in the end. It was constructed mainly with sliding dovetails cut on the Rat (a Rat speciality!! :wink: )
2005_0330krenov0003.jpg

I have posted step-by-step pics here....
http://www.philsville.co.uk/bathroom_cabinet.htm

Have a look-it was a straightforward project that didn't take long to knock together. I already have an order for one for the Mother in law.......
Cheers
Philly :D

Another excellent piece Philly - and good choice of finish. Well photographed too. Nice to see what the Littlerat is capable of.
Glad you managed to find some non-warped timber at b&q!
Cheers
Gidon

Very nice, Phil, but what's all this "router table" and "bridle joints cut on the table saw using a tenoning jig" nonsense? Sheesh, you've not got to grips with being a 'Ratter at all, have you? :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3tm496f8 said:
Very nice, Phil, but what's all this "router table" and "bridle joints cut on the table saw using a tenoning jig" nonsense? Sheesh, you've not got to grips with being a 'Ratter at all, have you? :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf - Philly is only a LITTLE Ratter :wink:

Thanks for you comments!
I had to make this up quite quickly so the router table and table saw jigs got a look in as I am familiar with their operation. More experimentation on the Rat is being carried out as we speak!
Non-warped timber at B+Q? You are joking-had to plane it flat half way through, and re-do some of the parts as they warped so bad. Darn rubbish! Please don't buy from B+Q as heartache will result....I know, and have kicked myself in the past :?
Water based varnish is a weird thing to apply-it does not run out!!! Although it does flatten out over time, it does seem alien to me. Stays nice and clear though, so horses for courses!
Cheers
LittlePhilly :D

who said b/q sell timber :roll: :roll: go and wash your mouth out [-X [-X
i blame the mods for not banning such remarks what would :norm: think of us brits :wink: :wink:

Back