Little wins....!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jameshow,

I've been road riding, 100 to 200Km typically per week for the past three years or so with only a minor slip on some black ice the winter before last. I was on route to a club meet and, in a few seconds, I was face down on the asphalt and somebody was calling an ambulance. Things can change in a heart beat. My wife worries about me cycling but appreciates the pleasure I get and how it keeps me fit and healthy. It's the same for me really.

Yesterday, I did pick quieter roads and before the masses were up. I hope to go out again this morning, similar plan, hopefully slightly longer. The psychology was easier to get over than I expected. If anything it was harder to drive my car the first time. I did that about ten days after the accident and I was really cautious. I think nothing of that now.

In three and a half weeks, assuming exchange takes place this week, we will be moving to rural Devon. I hope to get the majority of my fitness back so that I can join the local club, keep up with the riders and deal with the hillier terrain. Hopefully there, the traffic levels will be lower and people may be more considerate.

Sorry to hear of your accident.
As james said, often quiter roads unless its summertime, in which case its often busy, but you will definitely find the locals whizzing about at high speed.... we are used to the roads and not scared of the hedges. To be fair, you'll soon learn the road speeds and pick your routes based on the local roads. Small lanes ( single car width ) are usually driven slower, but if its wide enough for white lines, it'll be a quick road

My little win, cycle related. I just reached 70 a couple of weeks ago and it is more and more difficult to maintain my average speed cycling. I was uploading my activity from my Garmin and checked my VO2 Max. That gave me a bit of encouragement!!

VO2 max.JPG

Back