Little b45t4rd5 on e-scooters...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to have been in a coma for the last couple of decades not to know what PC is, Pc is political correctness or the world is going mad. It is a range of bullshieete where freedom of speech and language sterilisation is being applied.
Political Correctness is a term used to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended to avoid offence or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society.

So, regarding being offensive, do you think that people have the right to offend others,

a) Deliberately, because they want to offend them
b) Deliberately because they know they are doing it when they don't have to, but DGAS about the others' feelings
c) Unavoidably because a topic which offends some people is one which is a valid, or even necessary, subject to talk about
d) Inadvertantly because they are unaware that they are causing offence

?

It is also an underlying reason why we have scum on scooters and mopeds causing trouble,
Please explain how adopting language, policies, or measures intended to avoid offence or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society results in people contravening the Road Traffic Acts. I must admit I'm struggling to think of what the mechanism might be.

Thanks.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of s**t by the clean end!"
Wrong.

It is simply the watering down of society, the language and ability to have free speech and expression. People are becoming nothing more than jelly babies who get upset at everything and want to sterilise the world they live in to suit there own agenda. We need to turn back the clock, bring back discipline into schools and teach kids right and wrong from the begining and not confuse them with all this total and absolute load of dogs dangly bits where the term mum & dad is being questioned and even there own gender can be challenged, then we wonder why we have so much mental health issues and idiots running riot on scooters. It will only get a lot worse because once everything has become so called " offensive" then no one will want to say anything, why are people becoming so fragile and delicate. The latest craaap is the NHS who no longer believe it is just women who go through the menopause, it is now people which means everyone whether male or female, is this something you would expect from a modern society that are supposed to be inteligent, even when people thought the planet was flat they still knew only women had these cycles so a sure sign of human devolution.

Actually it is perfectly possible for a man to go through the menopause. There are a few slight chemical differences but the experience and a lot of the symptoms are the same. It is usually caused by genetics or serious illness and their treatment such as cancer. I would be happy to give you a full run down on what it's like if you have a couple of hours to spare on the phone as I can't be bothered to write a note the size of war and peace.

One of the problems is even if you wanted to It can be difficult to comply with the latest dogma because it changed so frequently. I well recall in maybe the early 90's walking into a coffee shop in London and asking for a black coffee, I was told quite forcefully that no I could not have such a thing I could have a coffee without milk if I liked. Fast forward to now and black is a perfectly acceptable term. When I talk about these things with my black friends, most of whom are much younger, they find it quite funny the verbal gymnastics we had to go through in the beggining of the PC era. I was genuinely hon smacked to see that queer is now an acceptable term used by gay people, doesn't seem that long ago you would have been lynched for even contemplating the use of the word. And God forbid you should use any gender specific term like lollipop lady, or postman/postwoman. It seems to me at any rate that the term postperson, for example, has a very cold impersonal ring to it. Who actually finds these terms offensive, not the people to whom they refer, in my experience anyway.

From other threads I suspect you must have taken up trolling in retirement?
I should point out that it is genuinely possible for you to be wrong about things, and it is not possible for you to be so permanently correct that if anybody disagrees with you then they must perforce be insincere, and expressing disagreement purely to cause disruption.

It does seem a bit arrogant of you to accuse people of trolling simply because you cannot comprehend that not everybody agrees with you.

• Angry
Reactions: J-G
Too many crazy goings on in our modern world, but there are still some absolute truths.

One being that you can't offend someone who doesn't want to be offended.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people actively seeking something, anything to be offended about.

I sympathize with the OP and his dog, but I can't really get behind retaliating with a baseball bat, chopping their right hand off, forcefully knocking them off the scooter with a car...
What do you think about kids riding bikes on the pavement? Lynching, maybe? Bring back the cat?

It is simply the watering down of society, the language and ability to have free speech and expression. People are becoming nothing more than jelly babies who get upset at everything and want to sterilise the world they live in to suit there own agenda. We need to turn back the clock, bring back discipline into schools and teach kids right and wrong from the begining and not confuse them with all this total and absolute load of dogs dangly bits where the term mum & dad is being questioned and even there own gender can be challenged, then we wonder why we have so much mental health issues and idiots running riot on scooters. It will only get a lot worse because once everything has become so called " offensive" then no one will want to say anything, why are people becoming so fragile and delicate. The latest craaap is the NHS who no longer believe it is just women who go through the menopause, it is now people which means everyone whether male or female, is this something you would expect from a modern society that are supposed to be inteligent, even when people thought the planet was flat they still knew only women had these cycles so a sure sign of human devolution.
This is really not an adequate reply to the questions I asked you.

I would remind you that it was you who said "Pc is political correctness or the world is going mad. It is a range of bullshieete where freedom of speech and language sterilisation is being applied." and so as Political Correctness is a term used to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended to avoid offence or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society, it is quite reasonable to ask you, politely, under what circunstances you think it acceptable for people to be offensive.

And IMO it is reasonable to expect a polite reply, not more stuff like you wrote here.

Frankly, this:

"We need to turn back the clock, bring back discipline into schools and teach kids right and wrong from the begining and not confuse them with all this total and absolute load of dogs dangly bits where the term mum & dad is being questioned and even there own gender can be challenged, then we wonder why we have so much mental health issues and idiots running riot on scooters" is verging on the incoherent.

Who is challenging the term "mum & dad", for example? Got any proof? Got a rational explanation of the causal link between that challenge and "idiots running riot on scooters"?

You were the one who started this - it isn't right for you, or anybody else, to start accusing me of trolling because I expect you to be able to engage in a rational debate, to provide evidence and facts which support your position, or because I expect you to civilly answer relevant and civil questions.

Are you going to behave properly, or not?

People in glass houses and all that…

I experience a lot more anti social behaviour from dog owners in my area than I do from kids on electric scooters. They aren’t doing anything that we didn’t do as kids on our bikes and are just learning to be in the world.
Dogs on the other hand don’t contribute anything to society as far as I can see’ other than the few working dogs. They consume resources, they should be eating meat which has a large impact environmentally and if they aren’t you are doing them a disservice. They contribute to waste production, what’s with the little bags of poop tied to hedgerows along all the foot paths.
Maybe to release the burden of increasing fuel prices we should stick a large tax on dog ownership. Just a thought.

Too many crazy goings on in our modern world, but there are still some absolute truths.
Absolute truths? Or evidence-free assertions?

One being that you can't offend someone who doesn't want to be offended.
Of course you can. If you use, for example, vile, personal abuse to someone's face, or make disgusting assertions about the morals of his wife and daughters, do you seriously think that anybody would accept your assertion that that person would need to want to be offended in order to be so?

Unfortunately there's a lot of people actively seeking something, anything to be offended about.
Can you define "a lot"? Either in absolute numbers, or relative ones? Are there any respected survey(s) which you are relying on?

• Angry
Reactions: J-G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back