link belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
i went for a link belt today at WYKO i took my old one with me its four feet long so i asked the guy for one that suited he got a box with the belt in and said he will just go and get the price ,he came back and told me how much it was it was only sold by the metre and i would have to buy two metres @£23 a metre pluse vat ,when i picked my self up off the floor i said i think i will leave it .£54 for a belt for my t/saw sheesh :roll: :roll: i wonder if its cheaper to have it sent over from the states. ??

Frank, not good news. When I last got some I needed over a metre and the bloke at my local WYKO just gave ithe extra to me (people are like that over here). Think a metre was about £18 + Vat then. In the States it's about $6 a foot. Maybe worth it from Lee Valley ($6.50 per ft). Unlikely to attract Vat as it's light and can be wrapped up small. For 4 ft = $26 + $5 for shipping, $31 @ 1.88 = £16.48. I'd do it. Even at $10 for shipping. Email LV from the site, they will confirm total cost before ordering.

Noel

Back