Linear sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonStevensCanes

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody other than Festool make a linear sander? Their LS130EQ looks really handy for particular jobs, but as a hobbiest I definitely can't/won't justify the price.

I wonder if there is another tool that does the job? I can't imagine a multi tool being particularly great for the job, or obviously a random orbital.

I've got the LS130EQ and it is a bit of a one trick pony but it does do its job very well. It's a bit of a literal handful the first time you use it and takes some getting used to, especially after being used to using a Random Orbital Sander.....

I believe there are a few air powered tool options available that have a linear action, but I do'nt know of any other electric options.

it's a sheet sander with fancy heads. I don't get it.

It's sanding action is only forwards and backwards rather than the normal orbital action so good for things like handrails where it can wrap around it, also you can make custom bases to suit different profiles.

see, told you I don't get it. :)
I have an air sander than does that, it's older than salt and rarely gets used these days.

Latest posts

Back