Like a tail/inset vice thingamajig - Yes it's n0legs again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You just have to dust it off and look at it right sometimes".

Not easy when youre left eye dominant.

Its not my personality, its my creed.

"Thou shalt never go north, for it be cold, and there be dragons also.

Helloooo?
anyone home?
Its very quiet in here.

Has everyone gone on holiday and not told me? hey, my names NOT Kevin!

Bob, it has been unusually warm and sunny over here, even in Wales - maybe that's got something to do with it!

More than one can say for "over here" Andy.

Within the past couple of weeks we've had a couple of snow falls (quite wet & heavy, so it didn't last very long) plus several overnight quite heavy ground frosts - and we're NOT high up in the mountains here, but down in "the lowlands".

So much so that there's been a lot of plant damage in the garden, and a lot of damage to fruit trees and vines (this is quite an important fruit and wine area). Some reckon that up to 90% of this year's wine for this area has been lost, and there seems little doubt that local fruit crops like cherries, apricots, plums, and pears are all going to be pretty scarce - and therefore at even higher prices than usual - this year.

AES

AndyT":3awmn1df said:
Bob, it has been unusually warm and sunny over here, even in Wales - maybe that's got something to do with it!

Andy, its nice for you to stick up for him, but I'm sorry you have to make such an unbelievable statement to do so.
Having spent over 20 years driving all over the west country and wales from my home in Somerset, I am fully aware that you can not use the words "wales" and "sunny" in the same sentence without including the word "NOT".

AES, sorry to hear of the country's misfortune, but thats what you get for moving north (edit, not sure, IS switzerland north? but anyway, it certainly isnt south)

Although we had a very bad and very long winter (it actually went down to 3c a couple of nights) we are now in full swing again.
6 weeks since it last rained, a nice 30c on the side porch, the red wine needs to be put in the fridge before its drinkable, and the missus even went into the pool yesterday to start cleaning it ready for me to step in in June.

So wheres the next thrilling instalment then?

Well we're definitely NOT North of any part of UK Bob! Our Southern border is with Italy and France. But we are North of you right enough.

AES

I'm afraid my european geography is very poor. Even before i left the UK most of it was too cold for me to visit.

But one of my boxes is in switzerland, so maybe I can claim honourary citizen ship?

Sadly, I dont think my bank balance would be met with anything except a slight curl of the top lip over there.

I do know a man who could be accepted, even though he lives in my village, but it was he who took my box to switzerland as a gift to a friend, so all I have to do is find out who his friend is and do some name dropping. I think the box went to someone called Basil? Do you know him?

This is like being in class and waiting for the teacher to come back, dont know how much more idle chatter we can get away with here.

sunnybob":jzd3yb5j said:
I think the box went to someone called Basil? Do you know him?
Basil?
I think I do know him Bob. Well dressed red haired chap? Bushy tailed and bright eyed type of fella. Likes a good joke. Saw him a lot as a young lad, bit of a star on the old lightbox but he faded away somewhat.
Had no idea he was from Basel. There's no end to the useful knowledge you can pick up on here.

Syunnybob, "I think the box went to someone called Basil? Do you know him?".

Never heard of him, but I do live near a place called Basel. Does that help?

(Seems teacher's not back yet, so the idle chat can continue? In my day, if teacher was called away, a prefect was put in charge and he/she was instructed to ensure that the whole class read from page X to page Y - NO talking).

AES

In my day the only time the teacher left the class was to fetch the headmistress and her cane. That happened OFTEN.

4 years of french lessons and I can still remember the first line of frere jaques.

sunnybob":3j6ih9yh said:
Helloooo?
anyone home?
Its very quiet in here.

Has everyone gone on holiday and not told me? hey, my names NOT Kevin!

Yassas Bob :D

Yassas everyone (might be a bit of a clue why it's gone quiet :D )
Normal service will be resumed soon, project reboot in the making.

Sorry, forgot to fill my holiday form in :oops: :lol:

You havent been to one of them greek islands have you? Theres us, fretting and thinking of calling your mum to see if youre all right, and youve gone swanning off to places foreign?
It snot good enough you know.

sunnybob":nzrl9hbl said:
You havent been to one of them greek islands have you? Theres us, fretting and thinking of calling your mum to see if youre all right, and youve gone swanning off to places foreign?
It snot good enough you know.

:lol: :lol:
Bob , I didn't know you cared :lol:
Yes , the good woman and I went to Corfu, Kassiopi to be exact. Absolutely beautiful.

another 800 miles and I could have bought you a beer.
OK, settle down, teacher's back.

Back