Like a tail/inset vice thingamajig - Yes it's n0legs again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Nolegs thread. Its where the party people hang out AES. 8)

n0legs":10xkqpdl said:
Bm101":10xkqpdl said:
Never mentioned school fella. That there animal is a rare and fabled beast called a Pushmi-Pullu. It was a little clue about Nolegs thingumy doobrey.

Man!! I wanna do acid with you :lol: :lol:

No. No you don't. Those days are behind me.
Think Paddy Considine in Dead Mans Shoes.
Now Cider and Kracken Rum with live music. That's a different matter.
Hold on to your hat with both hands because the bouncer is coming over to have a word and he's looking nervous... :D

Bm101":1tgv4kdp said:
No. No you don't. Those days are behind me.
Think Paddy Considine in Dead Mans Shoes.
Now Cider and Kracken Rum with live music. That's a different matter.
Hold on to your hat with both hands because the bouncer is coming over to have a word and he's looking nervous... :D

Aye we're both a bit old for that :roll: :lol:

Drink? Now it's a party :eek:ccasion5: :lol:
Bouncers :roll: I used to gauge a good night on the two F's.
If I'd had a fight, it was a good night. If I had the other F, it was a good night but often came with baggage :lol: :cry: :lol:

AES":s7eqtm1i said:
What on EARTH are you people on about??????????????

:D

AES

(It's gonna be a wimwom on a gadget for grinding smoke)

Too many lead fumes I'm afraid :lol:

I bet AES has a corduroy jacket with leather elbow patches. And possibly a pipe (but of course doesnt inhale).

:p

Thank YOU sunnybob!

Actually, NIL patches on my cord jacket, and NIL pipe (but I HAVE got slippers), does that qualify me? :evil:

AES

Don't be sorry sunnybob, they have got proper soles but they aren't tartan (sheepskin actually)!

AES

(Back now to a mighty fine example of the "general wood and metal basher's art know as n0legs' thingy)

AES":1wvr3r9e said:
(Back now to a mighty fine example of the "general wood and metal basher's art know as n0legs' thingy)

Your wish is my command :wink:

Hello everybody!!
(All together now) "Hello Dr Nick!!"

Just a quickie update.

Well to start I must say I gave the good woman a surprise and took a few days away from the funny farm =D>
Superb decision me thinks. Being the pragmatist we know what thinking does don't we #-o

Previously at chez n0legs
Yesterday approx 07:45
gw "Hunny Buns ( :oops: ) are you getting up? There's work to go to"
n0legs "No princess I have a few days off.
gw "When did we decide this?
n0legs "We didn't !! (under ones breath) Umm, I've got a few things I want to do. Days to use up. Can't be bothered, they'll manage."
gw "So what's the plan man?"
n0legs "Well........." (I only just manage to get that out before)
gw "You said you wanted to go to the wood yard and seeing as we're out that way we could go see Wyn (close friend of ours). And we could go looking for my new car"
n0legs Very quietly. "You got that little lot planned out quickly" Louder "Umm,, yea okay. But I do wanna' get some other stuff done"
gw "Oh you'll have plenty of time for that"
n0legs Again very very quietly "Yea I bet" Louder "Yes okay my sweetness"

So.......
Wood yard ----- check :D
Visit friend ----- check :)
New car ----- check :| :lol:

Friends I promise you can check all of my posts, but I assure you this will be the only time I ever write this:-
OMG!!!!!!!!!

Briefly.
Go to wood yard (Wentwood Timber Centre, worth a look if you're close) Little bit of oak and a little bit of beech. Nice 8)
Friends place, cuppa, chat, bye. Cool :D
Chepstow Ford ](*,) Fiesta ST3, still in Belgium but coming to chez n0legs on the 13th May, Spirit blue, Smoke (something wanky) interior, anthracite wheels, yada yada yada!!
Jesus H Christ (sorry believers, I am allowed one surely?? Please??) I'm just going to work in future, seven days a bloody week. It's cheaper.

Thank you.

Back to the project.

I did say the issue of the moving bit of my thingamajig would come to me in a flash. Well when I have the welding torch in my hand there's many flashes :lol:

Today (put me foot down, n0legs is going playing) went to the BIL's workshop and fired up the mig set.

The nut had a quick clean in some solvent. Clamped two 2p pieces, one on each end, over the hole and with the use of a copper backer bar I built up the nut with weld.

Pics.

l3hZKCxm.jpg

Nice and hot

ZFZBCg3m.jpg

Let it cool down and after attacking it with a grinder, some files and a few sanding discs we get this.

SmxrX8ym.jpg

hsgGB0em.jpg

It's in need of some more refining, soften some edges etc. But it's now at a point where I think I can do what I wanna' do.
A quick look at how it fits with the rest of it.

2gQsLHRm.jpg

As can be seen I have now a bit more to work with.
I'm thinking square up the top, drill a hole (haven't decided on the size yet) and have a good look at some dogs. I'm thinking brass, as I already have some. Turn one end down to say 12mm/half inch, leave original diameter above the surface and possibly give it a flat face.
I need to think about this a little more. That's cool.

Anyway guys and gals, like I said just a quick update :wink:
Progress, we love progress :lol:

Much love.

Bob, is it making any sense now?? :lol:

Sorry Dr Nick, but no. As with the best serials, suspense is building nicely.
I havent even tried surfing the wide world spider to find any similar lash ups (OOOPS< I mean experimental prototyping machinery) because I am waiting for the grand opening so that I can be suitably amazed and astounded.

Ramble on sir, ramble on, because in the immortal words of Sir Wogan, "De'res nuffin on the telly"

sunnybob":pakva0ix said:

Sorry Dr Nick, but no. As with the best serials, suspense is building nicely.
I havent even tried surfing the wide world spider to find any similar lash ups (OOOPS< I mean experimental prototyping machinery) because I am waiting for the grand opening so that I can be suitably amazed and astounded.

Ramble on sir, ramble on, because in the immortal words of Sir Wogan, "De'res nuffin on the telly"
May be of use: http://www.popularwoodworking.com/proje ... -tail-vise

EDIT: Or this style: http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/pa ... at=1,41659

Sploo, you havent quite got my intentions,
I DONT WANT to know in advance.
Serial mysteries are FUN!

Coming along nicely, n0legs. It's starting to look like a modern interpretation of some medieval torture device! :lol:

Maybe it is one........ :shock:

Maybe once we're all done here, a MOD could edit out all the garbage and just let the tutorial stuff stay. But in the meantime, back at the cottage.....

One man's garbage is another man's treasure Bob. You just have to dust it off and look at it right sometimes.

Back